What a view!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't they construct or propose constructing a glass walkway the juts out from the wall of the Grand Canyon? The artist's conception I saw was a horseshoe shaped walkway. Not sure I'd like either of these.

Centurian 803":6x4lrr2v said:
Didn't they construct or propose constructing a glass walkway the juts out from the wall of the Grand Canyon? The artist's conception I saw was a horseshoe shaped walkway. Not sure I'd like either of these.
There sure is, I'd love to go! Skywalk

Hermit":jbk6ikzg said:
I love heights, as long as the risk of
certain death is kept to a minimum. ;)
Where is the fun in THAT? :affraid:

I predict tourists with phobias stepping into that Plexiglass box
and vomiting all over.Who's gonna clean it up? :x Poor custodians.

Winslow :sunny:

Count me out. I don't trust glass-bottom boats or most wooden balconies. I'd probably just walk out, look down, and be paralyzed.

the views are great......but the glass bottom thing...not for me

Wow, what a rush that would be! I get a little leary of high ledges and such, but I'd do it. Tentativelay at first I'm sure, but it would be too compelling to not do it. :affraid:

I prefer the photos of all things glass bottomed taken by braver people than me! :affraid:

IMO I get all the funof looking but my blood psi stays in the safe range. :mrgreen:

Ummmmm.....not me.

Just a few blocks away is the federal building. They used to give Ham Radio tests there near the top floor. It's one of those little, short towers compared to the Sears tower. I remember being there and feeling the building sway in the wind. Only "about 4 feet" so said the FCC man. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Thankfully after the tests, the next stop, was Berghoff's bar. It was on the ground. Nice and stable. Solid. Not moving. :D

I've been up in open cockpit airplanes and gliders, I want to go up in a glass bottomed airplane sometime :cheers:

That would be a rush and I'd love to do it. The Hancock in Chicago has some windows canted out, as I recall, and you can kind of see straight down. Years ago I was a roofer and I'd carry 90 lbs. of shingles up a 40' ladder, then dance down the crown of a three story roof and think nothing of it. One time I was putting top-caps on the crown and constantly sliding my butt backwards when I reached behind me to move again only to discover my butt was already about 1" over the edge. Didn't bother me a bit back then. But today, my knees get wabbely when I get near the edge of a precipice or too high off the ground. Funny how life changes us. :scratch: Guess we learn later in life how much it could hurt to fall.

Natch

There was a time when American Indians were reknowned for working
as ironworkers on skyscrapers.Seems heights did not bother them.Did
any of you guys ever hear of that?

Winslow :scratch:

HistoryMajor":paypbfie said:
Very cool link Kilted.
He posted three links, but it is
kinda spooky that we both posted
one of the links at exactly the same time. :face:
Nobody's even on this board at 11:49 pm. :cyclops:

kilted1":soa0stqn said:
I've been up in open cockpit airplanes and gliders, I want to go up in a glass bottomed airplane sometime :cheers:
I guess that'd be a rush, but if you want The Real Thang, try hang gliding. There's nothing like it. Really.

:joker: