What a view!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vito":4nmwgts5 said:
kilted1":4nmwgts5 said:
I've been up in open cockpit airplanes and gliders, I want to go up in a glass bottomed airplane sometime :cheers:
I guess that'd be a rush, but if you want The Real Thang, try hang gliding. There's nothing like it. Really.

:joker:

Now yer flirtin' with that risk of certain death thingy.
I'll stay behind the glass and just dig the view. :)

Winslow":i3qg6hzn said:
There was a time when American Indians were reknowned for working
as ironworkers on skyscrapers.Seems heights did not bother them.Did
any of you guys ever hear of that?

Winslow :scratch:
Yes I heard the same, when I lived in the US, I asked a few NAI's if this was true, their reply "No, we don't like heights anymore than anyone else, it's just that that was all the work our fathers could get".

Winslow":40x430f5 said:
There was a time when American Indians were reknowned for working
as ironworkers on skyscrapers.Seems heights did not bother them.Did
any of you guys ever hear of that?

Winslow :scratch:
Yes. The Native Americans have an extensive and proud history working the high iron. I don't know if they were immune to the fear of heights or just able to overcome. I think they are still prominant in iron work.

My daughter and I got a chance to visit "The Ledge" on Tuesday.
What a view!
g_a_sd10.jpg

Beautiful daughter hermit, must have gotter her looks from her mother eah? :lol!:

Looks like the new measurment standard is in Baracks.

That view is amazing.

Great Photos, and what a view. My experience with height is cleaning out the rain gutters on the house!! LOL
And I could see the smoke coming from Winslow's chimney, so I can see his house from there like he says. :lol!:

Looks like a thrill!

Measuring in Baracks? Grrrrrr... why not somebody of real stature, who leaves the pipe and cigar smokers alone? Well, on to a different thought...

I've always wanted to go sky-diving. It seems like it would be awesome.