What are you listening to?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm enjoying my smoke (OGS in an oom paul) while listening to a flute sonata on Pandora. The only thing missing is bourbon but it is still too early in the day for a drink by the fireplace. Perhaps tonight.

Billy Cobham is playing on the ol' iTunes right now. Dig it!

I'm presently messing with my iTunes.

For you low brass fans:

"Play That Country Tuba, Cowboy" (Stan Freese tuba) on the album "The Vandals Play Really Bad Original Country Tunes", then "The Playful Pachyderm" and "Pokarekare Ana" (Steven Mead euphonium) from the album "Euphonium Virtuoso".

Among tuba soloists Stan Freese is near the top I think. He doesn't record much because he's built his career mainly in various leadership roles for Disney. I think his Carnival of Venice is the best out there, bar none. I don't know of any recording of that except on an LP produced by the Univ. Minn. after their 1969 Soviet Union tour.

What I would call African folk-rock-jazz fusion:

"Living Loving Feeling", Osibisa album "Black Magic Night". Just about anything from Osibisa is good. A British group - sort of like an African version of Santana.

Steve

Weather Report: Live at Montreux 76. on the way home from work.

Often overlooked, but one of my favorite Beatles LP's. As the cynical album title implies, this is the band during the first short, low stretch of their career. They reply by rediscovering Carl Perkins and the rock n' roll that they so cherished in their Liverpool and Hamburg days.

Status
Not open for further replies.