What are you listening to?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

This used to be in the round table, guess it should go here now.
(Sheesh, take a few months off and you guys go all to hell!)

Any-hoot let me start this off with a bit of Rob Zombie- Icon- crankin in my car on the way to work weaving through traffic :bounce: (i.e. around the stupid slow pokes in the passing lane :flower: ).

Luke Kelly and the dubliners "The Town I loved so Well" 8)

Gov't Mule,,,,Dicky Betts,,,Bonnie Raitt,,,

My son picked through a couple boxes of LPs at a lawn sale,,,found a couple "fossils" he thought I'd like,,,"Begining the British Blues",,,don't know what's on them but hope to find some rookie recordings by now famous guitar slingers,,,,we'll see in a few weeks,,,

mark":wi1jr1ag said:
Gov't Mule,,,,Dicky Betts,,,Bonnie Raitt,,,

My son picked through a couple boxes of LPs at a lawn sale,,,found a couple "fossils" he thought I'd like,,,"Begining the British Blues",,,don't know what's on them but hope to find some rookie recordings by now famous guitar slingers,,,,we'll see in a few weeks,,,
Bonnie Raitt, eh? Saw her in concert about 1974. Great with the blues. But, yikes, does that date me. earl

albumcoverArtBlakeyAndTheJazzMessen.jpg

Also two thumbs up for Gov't Mule, I've been listening to them for years,

Midnight Blues":ww8rl4fx said:
Caught them at Lemoyne manor in Liverpool with Derek Trucks quite a few yrs ago,,,,small crowd, relaxed atmosphere, tossed out the play list and jammed ,,,memorable,,,

mark":hrtqdtl7 said:
Midnight Blues":hrtqdtl7 said:
Caught them at Lemoyne manor in Liverpool with Derek Trucks quite a few yrs ago,,,,small crowd, relaxed atmosphere, tossed out the play list and jammed ,,,memorable,,,
Mark, that would be a hard show to forget. Seems like there were so many great shows in the 80s and 90s, I caught some great blues bands at the Lost Horizon, and the Dinosaur, I sure hope my memory stay's intact.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8CalcTiZag4" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Now THAT'S the real thing,,,

Iron Butterfly, In the Garden of Eden Baby, the long version. 8) with whisky on the side.

I have a great Iron Butterfly bootleg of a live show with a blistering, even more psychedelic version of In-Gadda. Really good sound, too. I used to listen to it often on long drives. Two songs in 44 minutes? Something like that.

Anyone here making the Furthur run at Red Rocks this weekend? I had tickets, but plans foiled me. I had to sell them. Lesh, Weir, and company have been tearing things up for over a year. So, SO good. I've never seen a show at Red Rocks, so to be missing these three is KILLING me. It's like letting the Grail slip through my fingers.

Rose Tattoo / Self Titled (Re-release with bonus tracks)
Blue Murder / "We all fall down"
Halford / IV "The Mower"
Accept / "Blood of the Nations"
The Last Resort / Singles
The Warriors "Horror Show"
World War III / "When God Turned Away"

DoverPipes":pbfy8em7 said:
Blue Murder? :scratch: Someone ran out of band name titles on that one. :lol:

This morning was my turn to take the kids to the grandparents, so in getting in the car they (the kids) requested "the indian song" which is on a compilation CD of my own creation. The indian song is actually Run To The Hills by Iron Maiden, also on this CD is another frequent request of theirs: Ozzy's Crazy Train. As well as other Ozzy hits along with some Boston, played them all on the way in to work.

hobie1dog":ki7souqe said:
DoverPipes":ki7souqe said:
Blue Murder? :scratch: Someone ran out of band name titles on that one. :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCkoHBJbJeI

It's one of John Sykes' old bands. He was the guitarist for Thin Lizzy, Whitesnake, Tigers of Pan Tang, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.