What Are You Reading?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
71Pz17WIg2L._AC_UY218_ML3_.jpg

Another good 'un!

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":3cp4nrsa said:
D.L.Ruth":3cp4nrsa said:

Story of one of the most "successful failures". Have read it a few times and love it every time
I read that and found it fascinating!

Cheers,

RR
And a fine example of outstanding leadership in the most difficult of circumstances.

91u1auadZHL._AC_UY218_ML3_.jpg

91oGanAXT5L._AC_UY218_ML3_.jpg

Just finished these two. The first one is a very detailed account of the rise and fall of Al Capone and how Eliot Ness played a role. Lots of interesting facts.

The second was a rather abridged version of the "great experiment" which not only failed but spawned criminal gangs such as Capone's.

Cheers,

RR

71n1FL1tLBL._AC_UY218_ML3_.jpg

Detailed account of what purports to be Hitler's escape to Argentina along with other top Nazi figures along with Eva Braun, and the cover up. Fact or fiction? Conspiracy theory or reality? You decode!

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":ks6kdvv9 said:
81wRQLuKJML._AC_UY218_ML3_.jpg

This started slow and convoluted. Didn't start to get into it until about halfway but then it gathered speed rapidly.

Cheers,

RR
You are right; the one king book I did manage to finish took me at least a year to read. I enjoyed it, but you're right, it started very slow.

81mO+d5l7pL._AC_UY218_ML3_.jpg

Very interesting account of the lives of many individuals during the immediate post WWI period as they strive to carry on after the destruction and chaos.

Cheers,

RR

Forgot to mention this one I just finished -

71AlM8ZFXgL._AC_UY218_ML3_.jpg

A very interesting look at various players in that conflict large and small with a view to reveal little known issues. Kind of revisionist in my mind and not confident that this is real, embellished, or pure fantasy but it does make for interesting reading.

I have been interested to learn more about WWI and saw this book on the shelf at my local library so thought I'd give it a spin. I'll probably check out a more historically accepted volume next and see what that says. I've been largely ignorant of the causes and effects of that conflict until recently. If I once studied it during my schoolboy days I certainly don't remember anything, but then again I was a very poor student in every subject!

:!:

Cheers,

RR

71Oe6IhgwJL._AC_UY218_ML3_.jpg

Very interesting account about a German raider ship during WWI who laid mines, took prisoners, and sunk many vessels in a voyage that lasted over a year while never making port and yet returned to Germany to a hero's welcome.

Cheers,

RR