What Are You Reading?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Part way through this enthralling account by one of the UK's adventuring greats.  

An ex SAS trooper, polar explorer, and leader of many ground breaking expeditions around the world, I like to think he modelled himself on me in some small way ;)

Stick":igy66b2p said:

Part way through this enthralling account by one of the UK's adventuring greats.  

An ex SAS trooper, polar explorer, and leader of many ground breaking expeditions around the world, I like to think he modelled himself on me in some small way ;)

Looks interesting guv'nor. I'll have to see if my library has it.

Cheers,

RR

51rjt-ebe9L._AC_UL436_.jpg

Great follow up book for Cold Vengeance.

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":9dz8n7h5 said:
51FH8CFR32L._AC_US218_.jpg

Now re-reading this for the umpteenth time. Guess I reach for it at least once/year and never get tired of it. Seems like I have whole passages of this memorized! Bryson at his best, IMO.

Sadly, the movie did not live up to the expectations I had. Despite Robert Redford and Nick Nolte in the key roles of Bryson and Kath, the screenplay was lacking and didn't follow many key elements that made the book so riveting.

Thankfully the book remains worth returning to again and again!

8)

Cheers,

RR

I just listened to this audiobook. I liked it a lot. Wasn’t to hard to follow. The only thing I didn’t care much for was when he was telling a story then goes off on a tirade about the U.S. forestry service or some other federal, state or local agencies for 30 minutes. Then eventually get back to his story. Other than that an excellent book. I’ll listen to it again for sure. I like anything pretty much about hiking and the AT.