What Are You Reading?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished Hellhound on His Trail by Hampton Sides. Fascinating story of the stalking and murder of Martin Luther King by James Earl Ray and the international hunt for Ray.

"Humpty Dumpty in Oakland" ~ Phillip K Dick
I have really enjoyed some of the movies that have been made based on his stories... this one would make for a helluva boring movie. Gotta say, it sucked. :sleep:

I have been reading a mystery series by Craig Johnson that I stumbled across at the
local library. Now reading poetry by Robert W. Service.

" No Ordinary Time" Doris Kearns Goodwin; the Roosevelt : Home Front in World War II...insightful read.

Read about half of Glenn Beck's "Overton Window" yesterday during my 12 hour plane ride and airport tour while returning to KC from DC. You guys sure had crumby weather on the east coast yesterday.

"Calculus for Dummys" has been my library book (aka bathroom) for the past while, trying to recapture lost and forgotten skills.

I am about half way through The Terror by Dan Simmons. It is a fairly good book (About the Franklin Expedition) You can look it up on wiki if need be about it. Anyway it adds its own Horror type twist as to why the boats really went missing using facts about it and then adding that "paranormal" element. It is pretty good if you are a horror fan/history buff etc.

I'm now on "A Feast for Crows" which is book 4 of George R Martin's Song of Ice and Fire Series. Yeah, I know, cheesy titles all around, but I asked my buddy (who's really into fantasy stuff) what current series could hang out in the corner of the same room as Tolkien, and he immediately said this series. So far, he's right.

If you even remotely enjoy the genre, I can't recommend it enough.

I heartedly agree with Mat, this is one great series, the next installment comes out in 2012, #5 Ken :tongue:

Josey Wales by Forrest Carter Two volumes which the first one is what the movie

Outlaw Josey Wales is based on. Very good if you like westerns.

I just finished Dean Koontz's Relentless. Now I returned to reading Sherlock Holmes The complete Novels and Stories Volume 1. I can't wait til' I'm close to the end and get Volume 2.

B. A. Gerrish, Grace and Gratitude: The Eucharistic Theology of John Calvin

Finished "Overton Window" while on vacation. OK read, ending was kind of lame. Lots of Beckism in it if you like that. Also finished (for about the 10th time) The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and most of The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes. I can read those over and over.

The Summer of the Ubume, a mystery set in 1950s Japan. The protagonist is a down-on-his-luck novelist who assists his old army buddies (an exorcist who doesn't believe in ghosts, a hardboiled Tokyo policeman and a charismatic and wealthy private detective) in the investigation of a disappearance that seems like it could only be supernatural in nature. It's a Sherlock Holmes dynamic with multiple Holmes and one Watson.

My power went out this past weekend and I could do nothing but read. So I read Persuasion, by Jane Austen. It was horrible. LoL.

Philip Benedict, Christ's Church Purely Reformed: A Social History of Calvinism (Yale University Press)

Status
Not open for further replies.