What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I primed some leaves from our tobacco plants a week ago, and decided to smoke some of them yesterday, but shredded and cased them and forgot about them. Today I'm smoking it in a MM cob, and it's great! No overpowering notes, it just tastes like Virginia bright. I can't wait to try the Russian red, I'm color curing some of those leaves. Orinoco is the name of this plant.
20230809_084515.jpg

Smoking a Poul Winslow Lovat with Lane TK-6 and a Martinson k-cup. 4 of my charge card companies called me this morning,Some dirtbag got my info and is trying to cash in ! Sadly, I think they got the card info from Amazon. I had all 4 of those cards on 1 account with them.
I really like TK-6! Very good cherry tobacco.

Smoked this trusty no-name briar a bit ago with Haunted Bookshop. I can't make up my mind about that one. First bowl was a m a z i n g. Every bowl after that has been somewhere between ew! and 'ok'. Today was OK.
Next will be Sweet Burley from Jon's Pipe Shop.View attachment 11947
Have you ever tried C&D Pegasus? That is a burley forward tobacco. I add a little bit of black Cavendish to it to make the room note more pleasant. It's great on it's own but some bystanders don't like the aroma. I'm thinking about adding some C&D black Cavendish next time I make my one pound purchase. I've been using Captain Black Dark.

A quarter of the way through this bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Watching the Reds-Marlins game. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Thank you for your response and the review! I've been smoking Drucquer and Pease offerings that rely on the Oriental components to define their profile. When I first abandoned aromatics I went to straight Virginias and by accident ordered Dunhill EMP instead of Flake. That tin changed my tobacco preferences and the hobby would be more rewarding if blenders were more descriptive of their components. I enjoy your reviews because you break down the Virginia components more than the marketing descriptions, Pease occasionally alludes to some of the Oriental varieties in his blends.
Thank you for the kind words. Blenders are fairly secretive about details because they don't want other companies copying them.

Thank you for your response and the review! I've been smoking Drucquer and Pease offerings that rely on the Oriental components to define their profile. When I first abandoned aromatics I went to straight Virginias and by accident ordered Dunhill EMP instead of Flake. That tin changed my tobacco preferences and the hobby would be more rewarding if blenders were more descriptive of their components. I enjoy your reviews because you break down the Virginia components more than the marketing descriptions, Pease occasionally alludes to some of the Oriental varieties in his blends.
I talked to John Brandt at Wilke, and he said I was right about the Turkish he was using.

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and smoked a bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Gold Star 645, neat, is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

some leaves from our tobacco plants
Charley would you share your seed source and growing info along with harvesting and prep knowledge. If you can grow smokable tobacco in Oregon I may be able to do it in New Hampshire!

I just got done mowing lawns, 2 down and 2 to go
EZ have you changed professions from catering to landscaping?

Did a set of walking reps, and am close to finishing this bowl of year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Molina_Apple.jpg