What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This afternoon's pipe is GLP Kensington in a Pride. The wife wanted to finish making Nuts & Bolts for Christmas but ran out of cashews, off we went to the grocery store after noon chores. Next up I get to prepare the chicken I'll roast for dinner tonight, it's a 4 1/2 pound Kosher King that should be delicious!

Smoking a Bari bent pot with BB Alamo, Horton`s k-cup. Researching kumho tires online,the one I am looking at has great reviews and a 65 k mile warranty. cheaper than the coopers and my mechanic said they`re very good. I never bought anything but bridgestone or cooper tires in the past. My buddy swears by Milestar tires. He told me thats what commercial trucks use and they make suv tires too.

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and have about a quarter of a bowl left of Watch City English Ernie-ental in a straight dark brown and tan rusticated Peterson 2023 Saint Patrick’s Day 264 Canadian with an Irish flag colored ferrule and tapered black acrylic stem. Lavazza Classico, neat, is my drink.
Peterson_St. Patrick's_Canadian264.jpg

I got an oven-stuffer in the oven,Smoking a French Corsika tugboat (thats what the seller listed it as) Capt black royal, 8 o`clock k-cup. I called a buddy ,that owned a trucking co. years ago, to ask about the Milestar tires. He said that they are Chinese tires,but they are durable and inexpensive and thats all he bought for his small fleet. I may still buy the KUMHO`s -400$ for the pair installed vs 500$ for the Coopers.

After dinner smoke,Parker billiard,Capt black Gold ,Hortons k-cup.
Bambam-You and I think alike, I smoke and buy LL-7 in bulk, I own 6 Oom-Paul pipes. 3 of them are old custom-bilts from the 50`s era.
Sadly ,Oom-paul pipes have lost their popularity.
Bali- I hope your chicken is good,mine was pretty good.

Not far from finishing this bowl of year 2022 unreleased Sutliff Brown Virginia Flake in a 1986 full bend pebble relief Aldo Velani Titan 33 briar Hungarian/Calabash with a black acrylic tapered stem that has a briar accent. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Haven't smoked this pipe in quite a while.
Aldo_Velani_Titan33.jpg

Now smoking Watch City Queequeg’s Moby Dick Series in a 1979 smooth brown large briar 221-B Baker Street calabash made in Israel with a black vulcanite stem and ferrule in the military mount style. Haven't smoked this pipe in a long time either. It got a lot of use in the 1980s, and less once I became a comic book artist.
221-B Baker Street calabash.jpg

Smoking a Pete Baker street,CAO bella vanilla,Horton`s k-cup. I was out earlier shopping for a couple of tires for the suv. Wow,prices are insane with many brands that I have never even heard of ! I was looking at a pair of coopers,500 bucks total w/install ?
Not sure I would buy Coopers again. Been buying them for years, but I put a set of heavy duty M&S on my Ram 1500 4x4. Supposed to be 60K mile tires. At 15K I got a nail in the sidewall of one of them. Non repairable. Paid for hazard insurance when I bought them. Due to wear on the tire they would only give me $110 toward a new $160 tire. Discovered all 4 were worn to better than 50%. So no way am I getting 60K miles out of them. Probably will have to replace them next fall before winter. Some of the Japanese tires like Toyo get excellent ratings. Check them out.

Smoking a Pete Baker street,CAO bella vanilla,Horton`s k-cup. I was out earlier shopping for a couple of tires for the suv. Wow,prices are insane with many brands that I have never even heard of ! I was looking at a pair of coopers,500 bucks total w/install ?
PS, do you have a Discount Tire store in your area. The one here is great.

Smoking a Bari bent pot with BB Alamo, Horton`s k-cup. Researching kumho tires online,the one I am looking at has great reviews and a 65 k mile warranty. cheaper than the coopers and my mechanic said they`re very good. I never bought anything but bridgestone or cooper tires in the past. My buddy swears by Milestar tires. He told me thats what commercial trucks use and they make suv tires too.
I used to buy General tires for the cars. They didn't last the stated amount of wear but were so much cheaper than anything else I didn't care.

Pre dinner smoke of Drucquer Levant in a Randy Wiley freehand bent dublin with oolong tea. EZ, these days it seems like we're paying more and getting less for everything. Last time I went for a battery for the wife's SUV it was $90 and only a 3 year warranty. The best they had. Used to get top of the line Sears Die Hards for $80 and they would last 5 or 6 years.

Had two more bowls of Paradoxical in my Brigham today, I'm suffering from idle ennui. Gotta get out of the house and do some errands tomorrow. The more the better.

Brigham Voyageur 129.jpg

I reamed about a tablespoon of cake out of it just now. It smokes so well I had no idea how bad it was. I am embarrassed, I thought it had a conical bowl - wrong. :rolleyes:. Set it to rights and cleaned it up. I'll never let it get that far again, I only hope I haven't ruined it.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm passing the quarter mark of this bowl of year 2014 Orlik Golden Sliced in an egg shaped quarter bend smooth Burgundy colored 1985 Caminetto egg with a black acrylic stem. Have enough left for a smaller bowl. Gold Star Yemen Red Mocha Harrazaa+, neat, is my drink. Watching one of my favorite movies, Going My Way starring Der Bingle. I always wondered what Bing Crosby thought of that nick name.
Caminetto_egg_1985.jpg

Last pipe for today is GLP Westminster in a Rob Roy and a nightcap of Moscato.

Bali- I hope your chicken is good,mine was pretty good.
That was a chicken type that was originally, (still is?) bred for the NYC Kosher market. They're not as plump as commercial chicken but have a more developed flavor while still retaining tenderness. They're a cross of the Plymouth Barred Rocks and the Speckled Sussex, New England and British breeds!