What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Near the last quarter of this bowl of Ascanian No. 1 in a straight smooth dark brown 1930s (Comoy’s) The Exmoor Pipe 283 chubby Rhodesian with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Spent some time outside making sure Sam the Scamp and Abner the Eager didn't bother each other while dining. I stood between them to make sure, and they knew it, too. It's still cold and raining. Ice water and bergs is my drink. I thought about making more coffee after that, but the pot is in the dishwasher. Oh well.
Comoy’s_The Exmoor Pipe 283 Rhodesian.jpg

A quarter of the way through this last of this sample of 1960s Edgeworth Ready Rubbed in a medium bend dark brown 2017 Don Warren 17 smooth straight grain rough top Dublin with a multi-brown cumberland stem and ferrule in the military mount style. Getting ready to clean a few pipes.
DWarren_2017.jpg

Enjoyed a big and tasty Snap Dragon apple, and have a third of a bowl left of year 2021 first production Watch City Simply Orange Virginia in a black sandblast medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 182/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
4AB_Sandblast_left.jpg

Last edited:
Half way through this bowl of Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend. I'll end the day with this smoke.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

Almost a third of the way through this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Watching Mad Dog Russo's show with Alanna Rizzo hosting it through New Years.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

It's been a very busy afternoon. Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and had to console a neighbor about a personal matter. Not sure I was of much help, but I did what I could. Have about a quarter of a bowl left of Watch City Santa’s Sack in a 1980 smooth medium brown Lorenzo Ambra 803 Hungarian with a pearl colored acrylic saddle stem. Decided to smoke Hungarian pipes for a while today. It was one of my favorite pipe shapes until I became a professional artist, and realized that the style wasn't workable while sitting at a drawing board. Lavazza Classico, neat, is my drink.
Lorenzo_Ambra803_Hungarian.jpg

The drive-by Christmas was a success! I taped gift cards for a bookstore to the inside lid of a terrible puzzle and put two six inch candy canes inside. Bless their hearts, when I called two hours later they thanked me for the candy and talked about the puzzle...but they had no idea about the gift cards. I told them they should take a good look in the box and there was all kinds of laughter and shouting. They loved it, I hate predictable Christmas gifts.

My pipes today have been an exercise in "rinse and repeat". Oddly, SPC Plum Pudding SR seems to smoke better in the Lorenzetti 29 than in anything else I own. Perhaps there is truth to the idea that bowl shape and size impacts the blend you smoke. Or maybe my nieces just put me in a benevolent frame of mind.

Did a second set of walking reps, and am close to finishing this bowl of D&R Penhooker Silver in a 1979 rusticated brown Mauro Armellini 05 Corteccia Hungarian with a bronze accent on the shank and an acrylic pearl saddle stem. Haven't smoked this pipe in years. It's the top pipe in this photo. I need to have a stand alone photo for this pipe.
Mario_Armellini_OomPaul_ Undated_HVR_Supercar.jpg

50 F here and sitting on the tailgate out at the bluff smoking a mixture of John Patton Oriental Dusk, Amphora Original and Burley, and MB Old Dark Fired in an MM Pride raw cob with forever stem. It's pretty good. Figuring on Chinese takeout for supper, as I'm over all the Christmas food-need a change. It has been a stressful last 3 days, but I know how to soothe that. On a long shot, anyone know of an old school wood stove someone wants to get rid of?

Good afternoon gents. Back from the ranch and smoking Arango Balkan Supreme in a huge Bari Wiking freehand acquired from EZ. Coconut tea on the side. This pipe doesn't get smoked a lot. I love the big bowl but it's pretty heavy and a real handful. But it's great for a nice long smoke.

Passing the quarter mark of this bowl of year 2022 Watch City Blue Ridge Special in a 1990 smooth brown Peterson Irish Second Hungarian natural with a tapered black vulcanite fish tail stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Peterson_Irish Second_Hungarian.jpg