What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First pipe of the day today, Casanova in my Cobbler with coffee regular. Did preliminary packing for our ski track today, despite the cold and windchill. It felt so good to be outside doing something! I returned home, had lunch, and promptly fell asleep for three hours, that's fresh air for you.

Attachments

• Cobbler.jpg
    Cobbler.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
I've been very lapse in my posts gentlemen, and I offer my apologises. But I have been waylaid by Nurse Ratchet (yesterday), and her physiotherapist colleague Mr Bendy (today) both of whom wiped me out.
But now feeling up to a smoke of Cattle Drive in a Rattrays Dark Reign before dinner. As always, have a great day my friends.View attachment 14754
Handsome looking pipe, Zippo. I really like the rim adornment.

Smoking a Bari Wiking freehand with PS nougat,New England k-cup. I did some walking today,I figured with bad weather coming ,I may be stuck indoors for a few days. My back is starting to bother me, so the bad weather is not far away...

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I just finished taking a few feral pics, and this bowl of year 2018 Mac Baren HH Burley Flake in a straight smooth dark brown 1918 Pre-Republic Peterson’s Dublin 2 apple with a silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem.
Peterson_PR_Dublin2_apple.jpg

Passing the quarter mark of this bowl of year 2020 Dunhill Elizabethan Match Plug in a black sandblasted quarter bend 2015 Rossi Vittoria author with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Gold Star Nightwish, neat, is my drink.
Rossi_Vittoria_author.jpg

Now smoking year 2012 Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. Watching the pilot movie for Jake and the Fatman. Right before Christmas, one of my college buddies and I were talking about this show, and he was surprised that I had never seen it since Conrad was in it. As I wasn't watching much TV in those days outside of baseball and the news, I didn't even know the show existed until Conrad died in 1994. Anyway, he gave me the entire series as a Christmas present which was durn thoughtful of him. Almost makes me sorry that I gave him a hot foot when he took a snooze on my couch. :)
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg

Running Casanova through more pipes. It smokes light and trouble free if it dries overnight, although it is a little girly for me, too much vanilla/marshmallow. I ordered it by accident, meant to get black and gold - which is uncased. No matter, it burns and it isn't unpleasant. Ran it through my Rossi and the Legend tonite.

Attachments

• Rossi Lumberman  8824.jpg
    Rossi Lumberman 8824.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • MM Legendary.jpg
    MM Legendary.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am smoking Seattle Pipe Club Hogshead in a well appreciated medium bend, smooth brown 1950s Peterson 999 Dublin chubby Rhodesian with a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem.
Peterson_999_Rhodesian-Dublin.jpg

Just finished smoking year 2016 Peter Stokkebye Luxury Navy Flake in a straight smooth terracotta 2014 Sherlock Holmes Baker Street bulldog with sterling silver band and a tapered black p-lip stem. That'll do it for me today.
Peterson Sherlock Holmes BakerStreet_Terracotta.jpg

Good Morning!
Boy did we get rain overnight, between this rain and the last rain storm the aquifer should be filled to capacity. I think we have enough water to survive any drought conditions that may arise this summer. Starting off the pipe day with GLP Westminster in an MM Apple Diplomat and finishing yesterday's Thermos of coffee.

C&D Steamworks in a C91 Briarworks crimson blast with acrylic amber stem with water, on a sunny but brisk 33 F day. I don't seem to be able to go wrong with this blend and pipe. There's almost no restriction with the draw. I'll try packing tighter just for kicks. I'd read some SP Briarworks articles that mentioned the briar source as Mimmo, so that is one thing I asked them about. They said Mimmo and another source that I can't find now. Mimmo is in "Father the Flame", and I recommend the film.
20240113_115728.jpg

Close to finishing this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Have spent all my wake time playing traffic cop between Daisy the Feral Princess, Abner the Eager, and Sam the Scamp. The unnamed striped cat showed up, but ran off when it saw me.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Did a set of walking reps on this sunny, cold, day. The wind was so fierce that it almost knocked me down at one point. And it helped me smoke a bowl of year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. It's time for lunch and coffee.
Molina_Apple.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am a quarter of the way through this bowl of Seattle Pipe Club Hogshead in a 2013 medium bend Spillproof corndog cob with a triangular briar shank and a black vulcanite saddle stem. A friend was smoking Hogshead in a cob, so I thought I'd give it a try. Lavazza Classico, neat, is my drink. Watching The Lone Ranger. James Arness played the sheriff in this episode.
Spilldog.jpg