What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out on the patio reading Jayber Crow by Wendell Berry, while enjoying D&R Three Sails im my Barling bent acorn, and enjoying a cup of Lavazza Perfetto coffee. Sir Barksalot of Yorkshire is patrolling the back fence and, of course, barking a lot. Life is good.
View attachment 15500
Finished up my time reading after reloading with Mac Baren Golden Extra.

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and smoked a bowl of 2018 Mac Baren HH Pure Virginia in an undated, unbranded straight smooth dark brown made in France Los Alton VBF squashed apple with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Lavazza Perfetto, neat, is my drink.
France_squash_apple.jpg

Having a light sprinkle of rain outside, so I'm not doing a second set of walks. I'm not far from finishing this bowl of year 2021 HU Directors Cut in a smooth slight bend dark brown 1940s-1950s Comoy’s Blue Riband 228C prince with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Comoy’s_B.R._prince_228C.jpg

Passing the half way mark of this bowl of Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a smooth medium bend terracotta Peterson POY 2023 X160 464/1100 military mount egg with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Peterson_POY2023_X160.jpg

Half way through this bowl of year 2021 Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Evening Flake in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson Ebony POTY 4AB No. 422/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. All the ferals wanted inside due to the cold rain, and I have managed to keep the peace between them so far.
4AB_Ebony.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm just finishing this bowl of year 2014 Dunhill Flake in a straight smooth 1960 Dunhill DR 137 group 4 root briar canted dublin with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Dunhill_Birthyear-right_side.jpg

Now smoking year 2001 Murray’s Dunhill Navy Rolls in a 2002 black pebble finish straight Cavicchi C. Fatto A Mano billiard with a tapered black acrylic stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. It's still cold and raining, and for the second time this evening, Harry the Hairy came around food and attention. He got both. In fact, both times he was so hungry that I doubled what I would normally feed him, and Harry ate every single morsel. I wish I could let him inside.
Cavicchi_billiard.jpg

Enjoyed a big and tasty golden delicious apple, and passing the quarter mark of this bowl of Ken Byron Ventures Mr. Christian’s Brown Flek 2021 in a 1984 smooth brown full bend Peterson Mark Twain military mount egg with a silver cap and tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem.
Peterson_MarkTwain_Smooth.jpg

Did a bit of low calorie snacking, and am passing the half way mark of this bowl of KBV Verge Engine Santa Drive 2021 in a 1978 Peterson Deluxe 20S medium bend smooth dark brown billiard with a silver cap military mount black vulcanite saddle p-lip stem. Running low on this blend. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Peterson_Deluxe20S_1978_P-Lip.jpg

All the ferals wanted inside due to the cold rain, and I have managed to keep the peace between them this afternoon. It's still cold and raining, and for the second time this evening, Harry the Hairy came around food and attention. He got both. In fact, each time he was so hungry that I doubled what I would normally feed him, and Harry ate every single morsel. I wish I could let him inside, but we’ve enough trouble with too many ferals indoors as you will see.

None of the ferals (except for Tomato the Brave) got along with each other nor did Sleepy Suzy and Molly Danger get along with them this evening. Daisy always waits and watches for a chance to go after Sam the Scamp, who growls at everybody mostly out of fear. She does that much less to Abner the Eager, who is a mellow fellow. Lately, she’s gone after the high strung Molly who is less than half her size. She tried that again, and out she went. Daisy knows she’s going out when she misbehaves because she runs straight to the back door when chastised. I let her back in when Molly went to the bedroom to sleep, and so far, Daisy has behaved. She knows she’s not allowed the bedroom, and doesn’t go there.

Since Daisy and occasionally Tomato the Brave are the only ferals who get wet food, it becomes a problem if other ferals are inside at their feeding time. I spent a lot of time keeping them separate for that, and in general. After Harry the Hairy returned to eat, Daisy snuck out the door as I was going in. There was a fight in the yard, and instead running away from Daisy as Harry usually does, he went after her when she started the trouble. Daisy ran up on the deck to escape.
HarrySeesFoodDown.jpg

DaisyStaresatHarry.jpg

DaisyUpset2.jpg

Tomato heard it all, and wanted out to see what was happening. Abner took the opportunity to go out, too, and Sam was right behind him. I got tired of standing around in two different rooms at various times while trying to watch a movie with m’lady. It took over two and a half hours to watch an hour and twenty minute movie because of this. Except for Daisy and maybe Tomato, they are staying outside for the night. Why none of them stay in the heated outdoor houses we had made for them is a mystery, but the constant indoor drama is something we’ll have address to lessen the overall stress on all of us. It even wore out Tomato the Brave. :)
TomatoFeetinAir.jpg

That episode made me tired, Jim. I'm having some Casanova in my little meer and calling it a day. G'nite BoBs.
Me, too. It's work, man. I post them on my Facebook page with extra photos because so many people like to hear the stories, and I started doing it on pipe forums because a number of people asked for more, too.

A third of the way through this bowl of year 2014 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a very much appreciated 1979 brown, slight bend grain etched flat front Stanwell Rego 969-48 (09) with a black vulcanite saddle stem. With any luck, I'll end the day with this smoke.
Stanwell Rego 969-48 (09).jpg