What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smoking a Custombilt billiard ,PS nougat,Horton`s k-cup. I finally calmed down from the Dr.s visit, I am sorry for the long rant in my last post...
Nothing to apologize for, imho. I think there’s more to our brotherhood than just what we’re smoking at the moment.

A couple of minutes away from smoking year 2020 Sam Gawith Best Brown Flake in a straight smooth terracotta 2014 Sherlock Holmes Baker Street bulldog with sterling silver band and a tapered black p-lip stem. This will last a while. Sam the Scamp is sleeping by my side, and I hate to disturb him, although Sleepy Suzy is unhappy about him being in her usual spot.
Peterson Sherlock Holmes BakerStreet_Terracotta.jpg

SamArmRoundMe.jpg

Watched several episodes of Star Trek: TNG this afternoon with a bowl of H&H in my Rossi Canadian.

Something about reply responses keeps popping up for me so I'm going to open it up. I like seeing when someone has read my posts, because I like the feedback I assume others like to know who has read their posts. However, I do not always agree with what I read. That does not mean I feel a need to voice a dissenting POV. I do not necessarily want to indicate dis/agreement either, only that I have noted their point. The problem I find is that there is not a neutral acknowledgement icon in the "Like" options. I am reluctant to use "thumbs up" just to indicate I have read a post, but I want people to know I have read the posts. How do the rest of you address this ambiguity, or do you find an ambiguity issue at all? Or do you just leave "like" blank unless you have a personal take on the post? All I would really like is a flag to indicate I read someone's post. I realize it may be a limitation of the interface we use bc the same interface is used on several other sites I have been on.

I am likely overthinking this whole thing, but I have never liked to be taken out of context and I hate to give false impressions.

Attachments

• Rossi Rubino Antico Canadian 802.JPG
    Rossi Rubino Antico Canadian 802.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Watched several episodes of Star Trek: TNG this afternoon with a bowl of H&H in my Rossi Canadian.

Something about reply responses keeps popping up for me so I'm going to open it up. I like seeing when someone has read my posts, because I like the feedback I assume others like to know who has read their posts. However, I do not always agree with what I read. That does not mean I feel a need to voice a dissenting POV. I do not necessarily want to indicate dis/agreement either, only that I have noted their point. The problem I find is that there is not a neutral acknowledgement icon in the "Like" options. I am reluctant to use "thumbs up" just to indicate I have read a post, but I want people to know I have read the posts. How do the rest of you address this ambiguity, or do you find an ambiguity issue at all? Or do you just leave "like" blank unless you have a personal take on the post? All I would really like is a flag to indicate I read someone's post. I realize it may be a limitation of the interface we use bc the same interface is used on several other sites I have been on.

I am likely overthinking this whole thing, but I have never liked to be taken out of context and I hate to give false impressions.
Singed, just be happy you're not a New Yorker (sorry NY BOBs) with an attitude on everything. I know you got hit by this storm. That too, is like a full Moon. I Said
20240227_174040.jpg
to hell with it and built a fire, in my pipe and place.

I use my lathe with two cotton 10 inch wheels 1/2 of each wheel dedicated to pumice, red stick, white stick, and finally carnauba in hard stick. I can adjust speed, highest 1750 RPM. At that speed pumice will get most oxidation. Now I soaked my stems in Oxiclean powder and warm water. Then, if the oxidation was deep sanded the bits with 500 and up to 1500 grit. In some stubborn cases I had to use a 1/2" wheel on my Dremil with pumice mixed with Walnut oil, even hand rub, before taking it to the big wheel. I should note I have an 8" hard felt wheel impregnated with pumice and oil for tough spots that the above couldn't get. Charatan DC bits were the hardest to work given their stair steps. I have found that Dunhill used a very high grade vulc. One final note, I learned the wheel on a lathe at the pipeshop (Diebels) that I worked at in the 70s. It's very easy to get a catch and throw it across the room. If your pipe is attached it could be a bad scene. So go slow till you get a feel for it - like riding a bike. Hope this helps.View attachment 16109
Great advice I have a drill I have been thinking of turning into a set up.

Near the last third of this bowl of year 2019 Seattle Pipe Club Deception Pass plug in a smooth straight brown late 1930s Linkman’s Dr. Grabow Deluxe Bruyere 9703B pot with a nickel accent and a black tapered vulcanite stem Time to clean a few pipes before dinner.
Linkman's_Dr. Grabow_Deluxe9703B_pot.jpg

Smoking a Savinelli 626, BB Alamo,mug of spearmint green tea to calm my stomach-probably ,the last smoke of the day for me.
I just read on-line that it takes 25 days for Moujaro to be out of my system and the side effects begin 2 taper off after 14 days!
Yeah, some medications have a long "half-life", I'm surprised the doctor didn't give you some advice on managing the "withdrawal period". It would be nice to have the knowledge to handle the side effects before you start experiencing them and have to ask him again. Not terribly pro-active.

Didn't get a chance to smoke a pipe today. Finished a week long project of cleaning oxidized vulcanite stems in my collection. Of course doesn't include Meerschaums and acrylic bitedView attachment 16082 pipes. This was a love/hate relationship with vulcanite, but got it done.
I see you like hand planes!

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. I've passed the first third of this bowl of year 2016 Sutliff Revelation Match in a straight smooth brown pre-WWII Kingsway (Comoy’s) London Made 61 Canadian with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Going to work now. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Comoy's_Kingsway_Canadian61.jpg