What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pleased that you liked it. Bogart is my favorite actor, and I never tire of that movie. I'd also recommend The Big Sleep with Bogie and Bacall. Key Largo is another great Bogie film, and that Robinson fella who looks like me is in it, too.
Come on now!!! Bogart mentioned without saying "Casablanca!!" Plus you get Sydney Greenstreet and Claude Rains!! Not to mention that really good looking actress from Sweden, Ingrid Bergman!!!!!! FTRPLT

A Cob and a barlow go together like peas and carrots imho. Especially a Case with what they call corn cob jigged bone. Sutliff match nightcap in the bowl. I know I'm causing some cringes smoking the same pipe two days in a row lol.View attachment 16146
Nice knife! I smoke the same cob day after day. That's one reason I like them.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm a third of the way through this bowl of Wilke No. 78 in a straight black sandblasted undated, unbranded Made in France short shank billiard with a long black vulcanite tapered stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Off to work now.
France_SBbilliard.jpg

Come on now!!! Bogart mentioned without saying "Casablanca!!" Plus you get Sydney Greenstreet and Claude Rains!! Not to mention that really good looking actress from Sweden, Ingrid Bergman!!!!!! FTRPLT
It is a great movie, but I was thinking that he would prefer detectives fighting lots of crime even though Bogie's not a detective in Key Largo. The crime is certainly omnipresent, though. Otherwise I would have mentioned Casablanca as well as To Have and Have Not, The Treasure of Sierra Madre, and The African Queen.

Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am a third of the way through this bowl of 2021 Watch City Simply VOriental in a straight smooth medium brown 1930s Wilshire 5 bulldog (Comoy’s second) made for John’s Pipe Shop in Los Angeles with a black vulcanite saddle stem.
 Wilshire 5 bulldog.jpg

It is a great movie, but I was thinking that he would prefer detectives fighting lots of crime even though Bogie's not a detective in Key Largo. The crime is certainly omnipresent, though. Otherwise I would have mentioned Casablanca as well as To Have and Have Not, The Treasure of Sierra Madre, and The African Queen.
I have seen African Queen, long ago. My Dad an I watched it when I was very young. It was televised as a matinee. I don't remember the story though. For some reason I think it loosely follows the pattern of Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad. Not in the same way as Apocalypse Now, but in a more literal search down the river for someone. Apocalypse Now was a very dark portrayal of a man sinking into his baser personality traits without the constraints and support of civilized society. It questions whether we are all merely wolves in sheep's clothing.

I cannot decide on a pipe at the moment. BBL.
watch-this-space.gif

Last edited:
Did some low calorie snacking, and a third of the way through this bowl of Wilke No. 72 in a pre-1974 dark brown straight Larus & Brother Co. Signature billiard with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem with the initials LCR on the top of the stem. This blend was smoked by Walter Cronkite. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Larus and Brother pot.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty Snap Dragon apple, and have a third of a bowl left of Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a smooth medium bend terracotta Peterson POY 2023 X160 464/1100 military mount egg with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Fed Daisy the Feral Princess and Tomato the Brave. Both were extra hungry this morning. It's time to feed Abner, and maybe Sam the Scamp if he's outside.
Peterson_POY2023_X160.jpg

Passing the half way mark of this bowl of Ken Byron Ventures Mr. Christian’s Brown Flek 2021 in a 1984 smooth brown full bend Peterson Mark Twain military mount egg with a silver cap and tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. I was going to smoke some Edgeworth Match, but Abner the Eager was too comfortable laying on my lap, so I couldn't get out of my chair to get it. As soon as I lit up this smoke, Abner got up and found a spot to snooze that wouldn't move. However, Sam the Scamp saw that, and immediately jumped on my lap for attention. Right now, he's by my side so I could post what I hope is my last smoke of the day. Btw, Daisy the Feral Princess is by my feet with her belly in the air.
Peterson_MarkTwain_Smooth.jpg

AbnerLapSleep1.jpg

Sam the Scamp sez to Abner "Get your own lap, Mr. Monochromatic. Jim's lap is my lap."
Sam_Lap1.jpg

Sam the Scamp sez "This skinny fella has a warm leg to snooze by."
SamCradle1.jpg

Daisy the Feral Princess is by my feet, staring at Sam, and she sez "Get that runt outta here. The Imperial Feral Princess has spoken!"
DaisyFloorBelly.jpg

Last edited:
Good Morning!
I slept in this morning while Lynda did the chores. One of the roosters pecked her hand pretty hard breaking the skin then she discovered the male rabbit had freaked out and collapsed his cage. When I came downstairs we noticed that the pilot light was out on kitchen heater, with patience I got it working. So, I'm starting one of "those" mornings with GLP Westminster in an MM Apple Diplomat along with a cup of coffee from my Thermos.

Good morning BoBs. On the patio with Hobbits Weed in a Don Carlos bent brandy and morning coffee. Surveying the damage done by the javelina last night. Tore up a brand new feeder I just put up yesterday. Hung it a foot higher thinking they wouldn't be able to get to it. Bastards pushed the pole over untill it was only 2 feet off the ground. Gotta get the electric fence up soon. Good news is Carole finally got to the ranch to see Teddy and give him treats. Lol.

Attachments

• 20240229_124856.mp4
    46.9 MB
Jim, just a little "funny ha-ha" on my part!! Bogey made grand movies!! FTRPLT

Good Morning!
I slept in this morning while Lynda did the chores. One of the roosters pecked her hand pretty hard breaking the skin then she discovered the male rabbit had freaked out and collapsed his cage. When I came downstairs we noticed that the pilot light was out on kitchen heater, with patience I got it working. So, I'm starting one of "those" mornings with GLP Westminster in an MM Apple Diplomat along with a cup of coffee from my Thermos.
Trouble comes in threes...I'm sure you've had your share for the day. (y)