What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning BoBs and a Happy Sunday to all. 2/3rds of the way through a bowl of Hobbits Weed in the Don Carlos bent brandy with morning coffee. Only time for one bowl. Have to be at the Legion by 8 to prep and serve breakfast. Then over to the Legion post in Dewey for our monthly pool tournament. Wish me luck.

Oh my gosh. That Condor was an awesome experience. Due to its USA scarcity. I am going to save it for game days of Liverpool. Zippo you will never smoke alone…. Also Ole Miss ladies won. Good afternoon so far.
I'm so glad you enjoyed it, However being born a cockney, I can't condone the Liverpool reference 🤣🤣🤣

Having some Casanova in my Bones Dublin this morning. Coffee is good. Going to see my brother at World of Wheels this afternoon, will take pics and post.

Change of season and change of routine, I pace myself to keep from aggravating my chronic health issues. Sometimes spring fever gets the better of me, and then I regret it. I know it is easier said than done at times but it is better to do less than to go hard and break down. Take care of yourselves.

Attachments

• Bones Little Bent Dublin.JPG
    Bones Little Bent Dublin.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
Passing the quarter mark of this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Alcohol can definitely cause cracks in acrylic stems. I've seen that more than once.
Jim, what do you clean your acrylic stems with? I mostly have vulcanite and ebanite stems, but I do have a few plastic ones that are on new Savinelli's. I use Clean and Cure, but I believe that has alcohol too.

My driving pipe: a Savinelli Punto Oro 111. Filled with some 2016 St Bruno flake. Notice the micro cracks in the stem around the brass dot. A hard learned lesson: don’t ever sanitize an acrylic stem with isopropyl alcohol. The acrylic will crack from a chemical reaction. Now it’s a beater pipe, a “yard pipe” I like to call it. View attachment 16834
You could always get a nice Vulcanite stem for that.

My very first Condor moment. Condor in a cobbit. Halftime smoke during Women’s college basketball game. Go Ole Miss. View attachment 16845View attachment 16846
I love Condor. It really stinks we can't get it in the states unless we pay a huge price from Spain or Ireland. A friend of mine is from England and her mom comes every other Christmas to Pennsylvania. I'm always bugging her to bring me a few pouches every time she comes. Next time I'm going to beg her to bring me a sleeve 😆 🤣.

Jim, what do you clean your acrylic stems with? I mostly have vulcanite and ebanite stems, but I do have a few plastic ones that are on new Savinelli's. I use Clean and Cure, but I believe that has alcohol too.
Water. Some people dip their pipe cleaners in soapy water, but I have never done that.

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am passing the half way mark of this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Lavacca Classico, neat, is my drink. It's going to be a busy day.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Snowing since 7 AM; Acting like March!
20240324_134649.jpg
Working at the roll top all morning. Just finished a lunch of chili. Going to light my first pipe of the day. Stokkebye Luxury Flake in my Lane era Charatan Belvedere 4211 full bent with an acrylic stem I turned and fit to the pipe several years ago. Bought this pipe new in 73. It has amazing birdseye.

Passing the first third of this bowl of year 2016 Newminister 400 Superior Navy Flake in a straight smooth brown year 1948 Parker Super Bruyere patent 23 88/F bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
1948_Parker_patent 23 bulldog..jpg