What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Passing the half way mark of this bowl of Wilke Lizzie Blood Virginia in a straight black with burgundy undertone sandblasted early 1960s Lane era Charatan 420 billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Charatan_billiard_420.jpg

We gave Tomato the Brave a new bow tie much like the one he first wore. Let’s see how long it takes before those so-and sos steal it.
Tomato_NBT1.jpg

Tomato_NBT2.jpg

Tomato_NBT3.jpg
Tomato_NBT5.jpg

Passing the quarter mark of this bowl of year 2010 FVF in a straight smooth dark brown 1896 W.H. Newman, Ltd. billiard with a sterling silver band and a tapered yellow and orange stem with white swirls and an orific bit. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
W.H. Newman_Cased_set.jpg

Back from serving lunch and going full Brit with Zippos gifted Condor in a Comoys Xmas 1995 billiard and a mug of Yorkshire tea. Jose, our gardener, is planting the new Austrian pine we bought over the weekend to replace the Colorado Blue Spruce we lost last year to a fungus. Off to the Legion in an hour or so for SAL burger night.

Getting close to the half way mark of this bowl of 2019 C&D Yorktown in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Terracotta 4AB No.108/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. I had a wonderful phone conversation with a good friend.
4AB-TC_left2.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm part way through this bowl of year 2012 St. James Flake in a straight 1968 Dunhill Tanshell octagonal paneled EK F/T billiard with a square shank and tapered black vulcanite stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Dunhill_1968Tanshell_Billiard.jpg

Back from a wonderful dinner of patty melts at the Legion. Shot 2 games of pool, won both with a couple of really difficult shots. My riding buddy brought their dog Marty over for a couple of days because he has to take his daughter back to Cali tomorrow and his wife is stuck in Denver trying to get home. 3 of her flights canceled today. Enjoying some Benediction in a Charaton made Mountbatten bent billiard. Oolong tea on the side. Watching 4 doggies running amuck, lol. Good evening BoBs.

Not far from finishing this bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Passing the half way mark of this bowl of Wilke Lizzie Blood Virginia in a straight black with burgundy undertone sandblasted early 1960s Lane era Charatan 420 billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
View attachment 17732

We gave Tomato the Brave a new bow tie much like the one he first wore. Let’s see how long it takes before those so-and sos steal it.
View attachment 17733
View attachment 17734
View attachment 17735View attachment 17736
What a dapper gent.

Cold day today, I don't think it got above 2 C., Blowing hard and pelleted snow. Boss cut us loose at noon. Looks the same for tomorrow with higher winds. I imagine you're getting much the same weather WZ. Made myself some coffee, it may keep me up but it is my go to comfort food. I'll have a bowl of MM 150th with it and call it a day.

Attachments

• MM Legend.jpg
    MM Legend.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Near the first third of this bowl of Wilke No. 72 in a pre-1974 dark brown straight Larus & Brother Co. Signature billiard with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem with the initials LCR on the top of the stem. This blend was smoked by Walter Cronkite.
Larus and Brother pot.jpg

Did a little low calorie snacking, and am smoking C&D Virginia Gentleman in a straight smooth dark brown pre-1940s Comoy’s Jost’s Olde English Supreme J299 Canadian with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Working and listening to The Green Hornet from my radio collection.
Comoy's_Jost's Old English Supreme J299-Canadian.jpg

Near the half way mark of this bowl of Wilke Back Bay w/o perique in a straight smooth brown undated pre-Republic Peterson Dublin Sterling Canadian 264 with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. I got John Brandt to make this for me. It’s not on the menu, but he’ll make you a batch if you ask. Downloading photos and videos of the scampers.
Peterson_PR_Canadian_Sterling264 .jpg