What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Afternoon my friends and fellow BoBs šŸ˜Š.
Late to the meeting today. Its been one of those days, when the door doesn't stop bing bonging, or the phone doesn't stop ringing. So now I'm going to fill a well deserved bowl of Hobbit Weed, in a Petersons Atlantic 01, stick on my headphones and listen to some chill out tunes. I wish everyone an awesome day.
Pete Atlantic 01.jpg

Smoking an old Charatan bent billiard with PS Nougat and a mug of DD hazelnut coffee. I have owned this old pipe for decades,it has more chips and cracks in it than I can count,but it smokes great.
I had a nasty exchange of e-mails with the pipe seller that I had bought a pipe from last Wednesday- this clown has not mailed my pipe yet!

Well done mate!! I try not to play in pubs anymore due to the "Pantsing" rules over here :LOL:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=7 Ball Loss (pub/taven pool rule)
Hmmm, well Mikey, two ways to look at that. If a player makes none of his/her own balls maybe they should drop trou and walk around the pub. Curious, does the rule apply to shielas as well? On the other hand, if a player is so bad they cannot sink a single ball in an entire game I would advise them to give up the effort, big LOL.

Good morning BoBs. Having a very pleasing long smoke of my Round Up in the Pete Pub with morning CR coffee. Playing fetch with Charlie. Heading to the ranch soon to ride Cochise. Dr.appt with the cardiologist later this afternoon. Quail in the feeders. Very peaceful on the mountain right now. Life is good. Have a great day my friends.

A quarter of the way through this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Watching Mad Dog Russo.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

I was in the mood for a high power VaPer and a big bowl, so mixed some dried KBV Mr Christians Bright Flek 50/50 with moist C&D 2023 SB The Beast. I got what I wanted, and it is smoking well in an MM General with forever stem. Had to add some wild company encountered during the bowl.
20240422_132404.jpg

Last edited:
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am a third of the way through this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Gold Star Costa Rico Black Honey Geisha, neat, is my drink. Watching the Yankees-A's game, and am getting ready to clean a few pipes.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

I was in the mood for a high power VaPer and a big bowl, so mixed some dried KBV Mr Christians Bright Flek 50/50 with moist C&D 2023 SB The Beast. I got what I wanted, and it is smoking well in an MM General with forever stem. Had to add some wild company encountered during the bowl.View attachment 17867
Cool! I ran into something like that in my back yard:
362694-big.jpg

Haven't posted here for a while, I've been down with a cold that diminished my desire for a smoke. Then yesterday I felt better, went outside to have a little SWRA, and couldn't taste it. I then tried some Sutcliff Rum & Maple and couldn't taste it either. I tried eating something and it tasted bland. I thought, "Is it COVID?" I took a home test which came back negative. So I don't know.

Haven't posted here for a while, I've been down with a cold that diminished my desire for a smoke. Then yesterday I felt better, went outside to have a little SWRA, and couldn't taste it. I then tried some Sutcliff Rum & Maple and couldn't taste it either. I tried eating something and it tasted bland. I thought, "Is it COVID?" I took a home test which came back negative. So I don't know.
Well here's hoping you feel better soon buddy

Passing the quarter mark of this bowl of year 2014 Peter Stokkebye Luxury Twist Flake in a smooth straight brown mid-1930s Linkmanā€™s Dr. Grabow Supreme Bruyere 9456A patent 1896800 billiard with a nickel band and a black vulcanite saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Linkman-Grabow-Supreme9456A-billiard.jpg

Nearing the last quarter of this bowl of Peretti Royal in a black sandblasted medium bend 2013 Mark Tinsky Coral 5 cherrywood with a smooth dark brown shank and bottom with a tapered black briar accented acrylic stem.
Tinsky_Cherrywood.jpg

A third of the way through this bowl from a freshly opened bag of year 2016 D&R Two Timer Gold in a 1982 smooth straight Sasieni Ivory 105 Apple with a black vulcanite saddle stem. This was my first Sasieni. Bought it at my local Tinderbox for $9.95.
Sasieni_Ivory_apple.jpg

Smoking some Bayou Morning on a cool and crisp Ozark morning. Smoking it in a 1979 Dunhill Bruyere 51031, a pipe I brought back from the dead after decades of smoking without a cleaning. It now is one of my favorite smokers, a pipe I reach for often. I can now understand why it was so beloved by its previous owner.
View attachment 17864
Wonderful birdseye with great definition.