What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for the hiatus, been a busy week with no relief in sight until about the 7th. I was able to pop out for a quick puff in this small Williard, I have 3 or 4 Willards and enjoy them very much, they are sturdier, better looking, and better crafted than a grabow in my opinion for around the same price ranger (or cheaper). All I could find about the company is that they were distributed on military bases during the Vietnam era. I never served and all of my friends served much later than Vietnam, I know we have some vets on here so if anyone has experience with this brand, or saw it while deployed, I would love to hear from you about it!

Happy new years to everyone if I don't get back on here for a few days!

View attachment 7483
Willard pipes were sold in drugstores, too. My father bought one in the late 1950s, though he didn't stick with pipe smoking. And that became the pipe I started with.

Amphora Original in a Lorenzo Spitfire Filtro bent. Just won a GBD 9493 pot shape. This is the model GL Pease mentioned as a favorite in a post on the forum on pot shapes. Pretty excited to get this baby.

Swede

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221230_085523_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20221230_085523_eBay.jpg
    454.8 KB · Views: 0
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and have about a third of a bowl left of KBV Turkish Delight in a medium bend fumed tan crackled year 2020 Ahmet Govem reverse calabash meerschaum with a military mount silver band and black acrylic stem. Putting the finishing touches on a review of this blend. Sweet and sour, floral and spicy!
Ahmet Govem reverse calabash meer.jpg

Enjoyed a small, but tasty golden delicious apple, and have about a third of a bowl left of first release Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Just posted reviews of four upcoming KBV blends at TR.
4AB_Nat_right.jpg

About a third of a bowl left of year 2013 Capstan Blue Flake in a post 2007 Castello straight brown Sea Rock KK US made in Cantu (Kimo) apple with a tapered black acrylic stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Castello_Sea_Rock.jpg

Smoking a Neerup large,bent brandy with Velvet and a Large mug of Starbucks decaf coffee,probably my last smoke of the day. I think there`s rain coming as my back is starting to give me trouble. hopefully I will be asleep in a few hours.

Almost half way through this bowl of Seattle Pipe Club Give Me Liberty in a straight smooth medium brown pre-1920 straight Marechal Ruchon & Cie. Royale apple with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. This will get me to dinner time.
Marechal Ruchon & Cie. Royale apple.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm a third of the way through this bowl of year 2013 Stonehaven in a straight black sandblasted 1957 Barling Exel 249 Fossil T.V.F. black billiard with a silver banded military mount and a black ebonite tapered stem. Watching It's a Great Feeling starring Jack Carson, Dennis Morgan and Doris Day with a bunch of cameos by famous movie stars. Very funny movie. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Barling_249.jpg

Good morning,
Smoking a Design Berlin chunky Rhodesian with Velvet and a freshly brewed mug of CR coffee,Rainy day here, no birds in the feeders. A good friend stopped by yesterday and gave me a bag of Virginia gold vanilla, I guess I will give it a try when I get back from work later.