What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Passing the quarter mark on the last of this sample of H&H El Nino Reposado Marquee in a full bend black pebble finish 2001 Rinaldo Lithos YY8 Titania Silver Line egg with a tapered black acrylic stem. Just finished cleaning some pipes.
Rinaldo Lithos YY8 Titania Silver Line egg.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm close to finishing this bowl of year 2021 Watch City Glass Slipper Micro-Batch in a post-2000 straight brown sandblasted Tom Eltang cherrywood with a black acrylic saddle stem. Watching the Braves-Reds game.
Tom_Eltang_Cherrywood.jpg

Finished work for the day, and am passing the quarter mark on this bowl of Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend. I may end the day with this smoke.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

Good morning,
Smoking a Custombilt billiard with Velvet and a Martinson k-cup. The old codger velvet is pretty good to me,nothing fancy -it`s just a mildly topped Burley that smokes smoothly. Very cloudy,but 61 degrees. I got up early to go out and start on the fence panels,but it looks like rain is coming... Birds and squirrels are having a feast in their feeders outside.

I was able to pick up my first pouch of Borkum Riff the other day and had a bowl yesterday in my Medico Standard. Unlit, it had a touch of Red Man smell to it. Burning; it had the bouquet of a cheap cigar (but I mean that in the best possible way.)

I'd really like to find a cheap tobacco that I can get along with, and stick with long term. The "Super Value" Whiskey I tried a few weeks ago I think is close; I will have to try others in that line.

Meanwhile, my favorite 'name brand' smoke is C&D Autumn Evening.

Yes, you are right, the prices are very high compared to what we Americans pay for pipe tobacco. I looked up the price for Condor on Mr. Snuff from a tip from @DrT999 and the price of a 25 g pouch is $35.99 - too much for me. We'd pay about $5 to $7 for 25g here if it were priced like an Amphora pouch. Brother, I had no idea you had to pay those prices for pipe tobacco!

Currently smoking some KBV Burley Morning Pipe, thanks to @Swede , in a big Dr. Grabow rusticated pot.
A 50g pouch of Condor for me to buy here in the UK, (and I do so frequently 😆) costs on average £19.50 about $24 of your Bucks, on top of that, we probably charge you an extortionate export tax as well. But having said all that, pipe bakki in the UK are way cheaper than any other tobacco products. Hardly surprising really, noting a lot of our politicians are pipe smokers🤔

Last edited:
Good Afternoon my friends and fellow BoBs. Had a wonderful delivery of "socks" (of different flavours) 🤣 from everybody's great buddy Ranger.
And so without further ado, I'm going to plug a bowl of yummyficatious figgy pudding in a Petersons Standard system, and chuff away content in the knowledge, that there are some beautiful, kind, and wonderful people in this world
Cheers Ranger mate, your a superstar

I'd really like to find a cheap tobacco that I can get along with, and stick with long term
If you can give up the aromatics try some bulk tobacco from C&D, it's under $40 a pound and chemical free! Grab some Virginia and Burley and blend your own. A second non aromatic is D&R or Daughters and Ryan, they have already blended mixtures for about $22 a pound, read reviews, especially JimInks, on tobaccoreviews.com or check out the Sutliff match blends at around $35 a pound for old style aromatics.