What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished work for the day, and am passing the quarter mark on this bowl of Peretti Blend W in a straight black sandblasted circa 1950s Comoy’s Peterson’s made for Peterson, Ltd. in Wisconsin billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Comoy's_Peterson.jpg

Good morning! We had our Knoxville Pipe club meeting last night and had a good showing of six members. We shared a bunch of blends - some 15+ year old C&D Longevity II (discontinued), Doblone d'Oro, Bengal Slices, Brown Sugar Flake, and some Joie de Vivre. This morning I'm smoking some Sutliff Match Field & Stream in a Dunhill Shell apple.
Dunhill-Apple-002.jpg

Good morning everybody. Another beautiful day here in old blighty. And I'm going to plug a Falcon with a twisted gold stem, fitted with a very large chimney bowl. My tobacco of choice for my first smoke of the day will be Charatans First Bowl and hope SturdyPapa doesn't catch me 😂. Have an awesome day my friends

Good morning! We had our Knoxville Pipe club meeting last night and had a good showing of six members. We shared a bunch of blends - some 15+ year old C&D Longevity II (discontinued), Doblone d'Oro, Bengal Slices, Brown Sugar Flake, and some Joie de Vivre. This morning I'm smoking some Sutliff Match Field & Stream in a Dunhill Shell apple.
What did you think of Brown Sugar Flake? I've heard it's delicious but extremely hard to light and keep lit

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am passing the quarter mark on this bowl from a freshly opened tin of Sam Gawith Brown Sugar Flake in a smooth brown medium bend early 1900s C.P.F. The Chesterfield (Peterson copy) French briar military mount billiard with a nickel cap and black vulcanite AB p-lip stem. Haven't smoked this pipe lately, but it'll work for this blend quite nicely. Lavazza Classico, neat, is my drink. Watching the Twins-Red Sox game, and getting ready to clean a few pipes.
Chesterfield_Bent BilliardMM_AB.jpg

What did you think of Brown Sugar Flake? I've heard it's delicious but extremely hard to light and keep lit
Maybe a light dry time will help (like the kind you'd give an McClelland flake), but I'm smoking a bowl now without drying it, and it's giving me a fairly decent burn rate. Granted, I'm smoking it in a small pipe, and so it took three char lights, but as long as I puff moderately, it won't need too many relights. Break the flakes up a little, and loose pack it without tamping down. It's all packing and puffing technique. Some people get their ankle bracelets in an uproar because they have do some relights. It's really not the end of the world, but then again, relights never bothered me.

Passing the half way mark on this bowl of 2021 Watch City Simply Orange Virginia in a black sandblast medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 182/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Never got around to cleaning pipes because I am working on an update to my original Brown Sugar Flake review.
4AB_Sandblast_left.jpg