What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got all these tobaccos from @WarneOut and some Brigadier Black samples from Pipes and cigars, so I organized then into flights, and I'm smoking them with my new Big Ben Tattoo. I think that plastic thing is for watercolors, it's perfect.
16821353958531190780824135114607.jpg

P.S. if you like the look of this little Dutch pipe, pipes and cigars has them for $47 individually, but $33 if you get the "all I need starter kit"and you get pipe cleaners and a Czech tool and a pouch of Casey Jones thrown in, it's like an accounting error 😋

Last edited:
Up early this morning at 4:00 am and smoking some Schwab's Paul's Stuff gifted by @Swede in a very nice estate Bacchus carved meerschaum that I got in the mail from Mars Cigar and Pipes yesterday. The only thing I dislike about this new meerschaum is that the stem is not of high quality and seems to be added only as an afterthought. Does anyone know of a good pipe repair person who works with meerschaum pipes? I have had some bad experiences with having meerschaums worked on with two other repairmen in the past. One of them actually shattered the shank of one of my pipes and glued it together and added a nickel band. At least they didn't charge me for it. It was an old Barling meerschaum billiard.

Good morning fellow BoBs. For me it's Cs Choctaw in a Lorenzo Old Vic bent billiard with black Costa Rican coffee. Up early as it's out to the ranch for wifes riding lesson in a couple of hours. Really proud of her. For someone who just started riding less than a year ago at age 71 she is doing great. She loves being out on the trails.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230416_165314_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230416_165314_Gallery.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
I've been out and about our little town to the flea market, farmer's market, an antique store and two yard sales looking for pipes or related accessories but no luck. Wish I could have some luck in finding pipes like @Swede does. Did pick up some good Brazilian coffee, freshly ground, at the farmers market. Ran by Walmart and got a dozen pint mason jars for an order of several bulk blends that are coming in today from 4Noggins.
Currently smoking some C&D Longevity II in a Comoy's Guildhall billiard.
Comoy-s-Guildhall-billiard.jpg

. The only thing I dislike about this new meerschaum is that the stem is not of high quality and seems to be added only as an afterthought.
This is a HUGE pet peeve of mine that I seem to encounter everywhere from no- name pipes to well known makers.

All the effort and attention to detail goes into making the stummel, and often a very slapdash and poorly bent stem is unceremoniously chucked on. Seems like no matter how much you pay there's no way to guarantee you get a good stem.

Not far from finishing this bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Left some GH Dark Flake out to dry last night, then fell asleep. Surprisingly still didn't get totally crispy. May even be just the thing it needed.

It's smoking great out of the Altinay Calabash.

Edit: Ok it lost a bit of flavor. But still better too dry than not dry enough.

Last edited: