What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finishing this bowl of C&D Virginia Flake in straight medium brown 1922-1937 Irish Free State era Peterson 222 bullcap with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem.
Irish Free State bullcap_222.jpg

Had a recent flare up of gum disease pain, and need to take a break from smoking the pipe for a bit.

Not sure if this counts as a WAYS post, but I did load up my Vauen billiard with GH Latakia Mixture #12, and am clenching it wistfully.
Don't you hate it when that happens.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, and big plate of freshly made lasagna dinner. Dessert was most of a Romanian Poiana Alune Si Stafide chocolate bar with nuts and raisins. I seldom eat candy, but this could not be turned down. I also ate a thick slice of Cozonac Insiropat Nuci & Cirese (cherry walnut vanilla) brioche topped with incredibly delicious cherry jelly from Romania, and some unsalted peanuts on the side. Then, I smoked a bowl of 1960s VaPer Three Nuns in a 1938 straight black grain relief Dunhill OX Shell bulldog with a silver band repair with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Dunhill_1938_left.jpg

A third of the way through this bowl of Watch City Original Crumb Cut in a 1950s-60s straight smooth brown Bertram 07 octagonal paneled billiard with a square shank and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Finished the Archie story I was working on this afternoon, and am going back to the one I had to put aside twice for jobs due before this one.
Bertram_07 _panel_billiard.jpg

Just finished smoking year 2020 D&R Raccoon’s Delight in my very reliable smooth straight post-1938 pre-Republic Peterson Sterling Canadian 263 with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Peterson_PR_Canadian_Sterling.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am nearing the half way mark on this bowl of Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend. Relaxing in my chair with Sleepy Suzy, and listening to Fibber McGee and Molly. We named Molly Danger after Molly McGee. She's snoozin' by my feet.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

Good morning,
Starting my day with a Pete Baker street with Lane LL-7 and a Hortons k-cup. I was awakened early by the sound of the sump pump in my basement ! My gas boiler apparently cracked last night and there is 3 inches of water in my basement. The sump pump got clogged and began screeching. I turned the water off as I wait for the plumber to call . I got a feeling this won`t be a good day.

Good Afternoon friends and fellow BoBs. Bit of a miserable day in old blighty today, made a whole lot better by receiving a wonderful gift of tobacco from Haebar, thank you so much buddy.
Plugging a bowl of Garwith Hoggarth Coffee & Caramel in my beautifully carved lillehammer signature briar. I love this pipe (It's one of my favourites ever). Not just for its aesthetics, but more for the beautiful long cool smoke it always delivers. Very large cup of cappuccino on the side, as I wish you all a fantastic day my friends 😊

Attachments

• 20230425_170358.jpg
    20230425_170358.jpg
    732.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230425_170348.jpg
    20230425_170348.jpg
    650.8 KB · Views: 0