What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back home after running several errands, and am just finishing this bowl of Jim's Va/Bur in a smooth brown medium bend circa 1950s-60s Bertram 08 dublin with a tapered black stem. Had two bowls of it, actually.
Bertram_08 dublin.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am almost a third of the way through this bowl of year 2015 John Aylesbury Sir John’s Flake Virginia in a straight smooth light brown 2020 Ryan Alden Ace of Spades squat bulldog with a spalted pecan top and ferrule that’s attached to the tapered black acrylic stem. Lavazza Classico, neat, is my drink.
Ryan_Alden_BD_right.jpg

I got a push mount mouthpiece for cobs a few years back that didn't really fit. I took out the drill with an 11/32 bit and deepened the mortise on my Charles Towne, Honey Pot and a Rob Roy. The Honey Pot was first, it was the best smoke I've gotten from that pipe. I finished the Broken Scotch Cake in the Charles Towne that I couldn't stomach last night, then filled the Rob Roy with GH DVC and so far it's a success!

Trying some 5 Brothers in a Stanwell Brushed Black pot. Damn this stuff burns fast. Minimal flavor and I like burley. Might try mixing with some PA but doubt it will help. If not, I'll send it off to Haebar since he apparently likes it. No accounting for taste, lol.
Yes, I like Five Brothers when I want to smoke a strong burley. Back when I used to blend from whole leaf, I would get red tips burley from "The Tobacco Butcher" in Kentucky and that stuff is strong! Wish I still had some but it all went away during my big liquidation of bulks a while back. Five Brothers reminds me of that burley. I could probably get some more from him but with all the work involved in getting it to the right moisture level, destemming it, and shredding it, it's much easier to just buy store-bought tobacco.

Now I'm smoking some more Bengal Slices from @Ranger107 in a Bari Rhodesian. I am coming to like this stuff; it kind of bit at my tongue the first time I smoked it, but it was too moist. Now that I have dried some a little, I'm enjoying a subtle sweetness on my lips from the Virginias in it.
Bari-Rhodesian.jpg