What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your right they don't tend to be that expensive. My store tends to jack everything up in price. I thought this series of Jacopo pipes were really cool, the Insanus pipes:
View attachment 9182
Most of them make me nervous that you couldn't get a pipe cleaner through, maybe you can figure it out.
Yeah they're probably a pain to clean, can't imagine buying one as my daily driver. But they sure look cool.

Nearing the half way mark on this bowl of Watch City Original Crumb Cut in a 1950s-60s straight smooth brown Bertram 07 octagonal paneled billiard with a square shank and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Bertram_07 _panel_billiard.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty red delicious apple, and am nearing the half way mark on this bowl of Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

Your right they don't tend to be that expensive. My store tends to jack everything up in price. I thought this series of Jacopo pipes were really cool, the Insanus pipes:
View attachment 9182
Most of them make me nervous that you couldn't get a pipe cleaner through, maybe you can figure it out.
I have one Ser Jacopo which is a favourite - an Insanus Spongia.

I have just ordered my first Mastro Geppetto - will let you both know how I think they compare, but probably like comparing apples and oranges given the Mastro Geppetto is a bent brandy. Guess I can comment on build quality comparison though.

Attachments

• 2A145026-4ECC-43BE-831D-89BBDF69851B.jpeg
    2A145026-4ECC-43BE-831D-89BBDF69851B.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
Good morning,
Starting my day with an Oldenkott bent apple with Russ`s pirates cove and a Martinson k-cup. It`s a chilly 42 degrees here. It`s supposed to be a nice day. I put a lot of effort into the fundraiser that I am doing for some vets and there families.Sadly ,it`s not going well. I have only sold 51 tickets for the dinner. I am wondering if I priced it too high- It`s an Italian dinner buffet style,with unlimited beer,wine and soda adults 25 a person. children under 12 half price. I dont know why it`s not selling!

Good morning,
Starting my day with an Oldenkott bent apple with Russ`s pirates cove and a Martinson k-cup. It`s a chilly 42 degrees here. It`s supposed to be a nice day. I put a lot of effort into the fundraiser that I am doing for some vets and there families.Sadly ,it`s not going well. I have only sold 51 tickets for the dinner. I am wondering if I priced it too high- It`s an Italian dinner buffet style,with unlimited beer,wine and soda adults 25 a person. children under 12 half price. I dont know why it`s not selling!
Depends on what you're serving. If just spaghetti or pasta yea maybe a bit high. If lasagna or something like chicken Primavera, etc. then its reasonable, especially with unlimited wine and beer. Around here most Italian restaurants get 7 to 9 bucks for a glas of wine. If we have 2 drinks each that's $30+ right there, so $50 for a couple seems quite reasonable. Plus it's for a good cause.

Good morning BoBs. Back to briars with Urban Cowboy in a Pete Pub with morning coffee. A warm 60 already but breezy. My BD today so my riding buddy and his wife are taking us to dinner this afternoon. Baby back ribs at Texas Roadhouse. Mmmm. Lol.
Happy Birthday Buddy, have an awesome day.

I have one Ser Jacopo which is a favourite - an Insanus Spongia.

I have just ordered my first Mastro Geppetto - will let you both know how I think they compare, but probably like comparing apples and oranges given the Mastro Geppetto is a bent brandy. Guess I can comment on build quality comparison though.
I sat at breakfast just looking at this pipe, look forward to hearing about your Mastro Geppetto.

Half way through this bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg