What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now smoking Sutliff Paradoxical (Signature Series) in a 1960s Austrian meerschaum bent apple with a tapered yellow stem. Going to post my review at TR later today.
Austrian_meer_apple.jpg

Smoking a Winslow bent brandy with PS black dansk and a bottle of Pellegrino mineral water. I treated myself to another Peterson strand earlier today. I really enjoy the one I got & I smoke it way too often,so now there`s a new one on the way.

Now smoking year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Getting ready to post the Sutliff Paradoxical and C&D Warped Saint Espresso reviews at TR.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Half way through this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Loading up another bowl of Bob's Chocolate Flake, this time in an Altinay Calabash.

@Charley Scanlan, if you haven't already, try rubbing out a flake and drying for several hours before smoking.

For me it smokes fine fresh out of the jar, but behaves a lot better amply dried (but not crispy) with very little loss of flavor.

Of course YMMV

Loading up another bowl of Bob's Chocolate Flake, this time in an Altinay Calabash.

@Charley Scanlan, if you haven't already, try rubbing out a flake and drying for several hours before smoking.

For me it smokes fine fresh out of the jar, but behaves a lot better amply dried (but not crispy) with very little loss of flavor.

Of course YMMV
I'll give it a shot, though I've never had to leave something out to dry in my life. I found a cool pipe on smoking pipes, so I also ordered what GH Whisky Twist they had left, have you had that before? Comes in a rope. I'll dry that too if it works with BCF. 👍

Passing the half way mark on this bowl of year 2016 Sutliff 507-C Slices in a black sandblast PSB medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 228/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Been cleaning a couple of new-to-me estate pipes. More are coming! Tomorrow with any luck. :)
4AB_PSB_left.jpg

Evening all! This morning and afternoon, the usual Doblone d'Oro in Country Gentlemen (takes a while to smoke through those 3.5 oz tins!) This evening, it was so pleasant I enjoyed a rare third bowl, GH Dark Flake in a little calabash-shaped meer.

I'll give it a shot, though I've never had to leave something out to dry in my life. I found a cool pipe on smoking pipes, so I also ordered what GH Whisky Twist they had left, have you had that before? Comes in a rope. I'll dry that too if it works with BCF. 👍
Yeah there's a wide spectrum of drying preferences out there. I like a little dry time for the wetter stuff, burns smoother and avoids excessive steam and relights.

I haven't tried any of the unsliced ropes yet, been wanting to for awhile though. Let me know how you like it

I'm trying GH Bosun Cut Plug for the first time thanks to a care package from @WarneOut! I always let my GH and GLP tobaccos dry out before smoking. Bosun is listed as an aromatic flavored with cloves and although I could smell something, I didn't get it as cloves. First light brought Lakeland essence to my palate but disappeared almost instantly and so far it's a very pleasant smoke!

It's been a busy day with the vegetable plants and when I was done I couldn't smell very well, probably because I did! Appetizer smoke was Charring Cross in a Rob Roy along with a hard cider followed by the shower and dinner. Nice to be relaxing, the Bosun pairs well with Oolong and Tulsi tea!

Just finishing up a bowl of Arango Balkan Supreme in a Bari Wiking freehand dublin acquired from EZ. I can only smoke this pipe when I have nothing else to do but hold the pipe and contemplate because it's a beast, lol. Smokes good but at a bit over 5 oz it is definitely not a clincher, thus I don't smoke it that often. Good for a nice long smoke as it hols a ton of tobacco. Tazo orange spice tea on the side. Need to finish it up as wifey is starting dinner of salad, salmon, and asparagus.

I'm waking up with a bowl of Five Brothers in an Ashton Brindle and a mug of Brazilian dark roast.
Ashton-Brindle.jpg
Love that pipe. I've admired the Ashton brindles for some time, and finally decided to get one after seeing your pipe here a little back.

Mine just arrived. I haven't smoked it yet, as I'm taking a break from the pipe for health reasons. Looking forward to smoking a bowl in it soon.

Attachments

• Ashton Brindle .jpg
    Ashton Brindle .jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, a bunch of chicken legs and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm close to finishing this bowl of Seattle Pipe Club Down Yonder in a straight black 1963 Dunhill LB Shell 4S billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Dunhill_1963_LB_billiard.jpg

Now smoking year 2013 Capstan Blue Ready Rubbed in a straight black sandblasted 1924 Parker’s Super Briar Bark 11 billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. This pipe was made in the second year of Parker production.
1924_Parker_Billiard_11.jpg