What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now smoking SWRA in a straight black sandblast undated Savinelli Hercules 115EX pot with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Getting ready for a visit from my old college room mate and his lady.
Savinelli_Hercules.jpg

Appetizer smoke is GH DVC in a Let Freedom Ring Rob Roy along with a glass of Moscato. The wife's working 12 hour shifts for the next two days which precludes sitting down for dinner together so she made one chicken pie and one bison pie. Tonight we're having some of the bison pie and the rest along with the chicken pie will feed us through the weekend.

Pardon my ignorance but I am not familiar with Cattle Drive tobacco. Google search returned many Marlboro men.
That's because it is my own blend, lol. It all started when I tried to replicate CS Cowboy Coffee blend. I mixed SWR, black cavendish, and McB Old Dark Fired. It wasn't exactly like Cowboy Coffee but turned out to be a very good and worthy substitute. I called it Urban Cowboy and several folks on here adopted it. However, in the last batch I made up I unconsciously, or subconsciously, added a bit more ODF than usual. Still good just a bit stronger, so I called it Cattle Drive following my western themed blends like the one I called Trail Boss per Zippos suggestion. My next venture will be an attempt to spice up some Stanwell Melange which I found rather bland. If the experiment works it will be called Ramrod, lol.

Half way through this bowl of Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a smooth medium bend terracotta Peterson POY 2023 X160 464/1100 military mount egg with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Enjoying company.
Peterson_POY2023_X160.jpg

Enjoyed an evening out with our friends and a lot of pizza, too. I'm home and half way through this bowl of year 2015 John Aylesbury Sir John’s Flake Virginia in a straight smooth light brown 2020 Ryan Alden Ace of Spades squat bulldog with a spalted pecan top and ferrule that’s attached to the tapered black acrylic stem.
Ryan_Alden_BD-left.jpg

Good Day!
Slept in until 9 this morning and found out we needed to do a grocery store trip first thing so I took my DGT DVC from last night. I finally have some down time and I'm enjoying GLP Kensington in a bent MM Apple Diplomat along with yesterday's coffee. I found Melita JavaJig at the grocery store, it's a paper filtered k-cup coffee basket with replacement paper filters and makes a better cup of coffee than the metal mesh pods. The other advantage is it's easy to save the grounds for the compost worms!
I have a stainless steel "slop bucket" under my kitchen sink I use to collect grounds from my moka pot. It goes directly on the garden to be tilled in the spring, soils in my area are clay based and benefit from the added organic material and the air space that grounds create. It isn't a fast amendment process but after ten years on this property it made a significant improvement on the infiltration and drainage of my small vegetable garden. The number of earthworms in my plot has increased incredibly in the last five years.

Had some Eccentric in my figure meer this evening. Spent the day with my brother dismantling and cleaning an AN-M8 pyrotechnic pistol from WWII. Will reassemble it and test fire it before we decide whether to simply oil it or repaint it in the future. It was operational before the project began. Had three bowls in the little Lorenzetti over the day. It was a great holiday project to share with him.

Attachments

• Lorenzetii Avitus 84.jpg
    Lorenzetii Avitus 84.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Close to finishing this bowl of year 2014 Dan Tobacco Hamborger Veermaster in a smooth straight brown 1950 Dunhill 48 bulldog group 4 root briar with a black vulcanite fish tail saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Dunhill_1950_root-bulldog48.jpg

My old college room mate and his wife came to see us this past evening. Abner the Eager came to see them.
Connie&Abner_FullFigure.jpg

Connie&Abner_Close.jpg

Bob&Abner_FullFigure.jpg

Bob&Abner_Lap_Close2.jpg

Passing the half way mark of this bowl of year 2020 D&R VIP in a 2004 smooth long shank Trever Talbot Ligne Bretagne Faite en Bretagne 4/3 lumberman with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Trever_Talbot_LigneBretagne3:4_Lumberman.jpg

Some minutes ago, I heard a knock at the back door. Figuring it was Daisy the Feral Princess, I looked out the window to see her and Tomato the Brave. I don’t know where or why Tomato was gone for five days, but he’s back. I let him in to eat and of course, he wanted attention, which he got. He also liked hiding under the foot mat.
Tomato_Mat1.jpg

Tomato_Mat2.jpg

Tomato_Mat3.jpg

soils in my area are clay based
I have a very sandy soil so I made raised beds out of cinder blocks and toss the waste from the chicken stalls and rabbit cages onto the beds in the fall and winter. In the spring I till the beds and when I transplant I put some of the worm castings into the bottom of the hole.

pyrotechnic pistol
Flare gun?

Good morning gents. Slept in a bit so only time for one bowl. Have to leave for the ranch by 9 for wife's riding lesson. Having Hobbits Weed in a Bjarne bent blasted billiard. Back to CR blend for morning coffee. Better than the Columbian. Wifey is fascinated by the sunrise. Wanted me to take a photo since she says my camera is better than hers. I will admit we have some really spectacular sunrises from time to time. Have a great day. Warneout, whatever the news was, hope it turns out okay. Just have faith. Our prayers are with you.

Attachments

• 20231230_075100.jpg
    20231230_075100.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Neighbors are having trees cut down in their yard, and there's no way I could stay asleep. Half way through this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Watching The Adventures of Superman on H&I. Haven't watched this series in years, and am tempted just to pull out DVDs and watch them uncut with no commercials along with the closing music and credits. This series and Batman were the two main reasons I knew I would be a writer and artist at age five.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg