What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pre dinner smoke of 3 year old PS LNF. Coconut bark tea on the side. Been quite a while since I smoked this. It had dried out a lot and I had to rehydrate it. Seems like it has changed considerably since the last time I smoked it. I know Virginias are supposed to age well but I'm getting much more of what Jim described in his review as tart and grassy. Don't taste the rum casing at all. Heading down to the Legion for New Years Eve party. Karaoke and pot luck dinner. Should be fun. Wishing all my BoB friends a very Happy New Year. And if you go out tonight, have fun but stay safe. Don't drink too much and if you do, take a taxi. We don't want to lose anybody.

Happy New Years Eve folks.

No plans for me, other than working through some jazz piano theory notes, and smoking bowls of GH Dark Birdseye in the Altinay Squat Tomato meerschaum.

PXL_20231231_225930872.jpg

Now smoking year 2017 Esoterica Dorchester in a straight smooth brown 1920s KBB Rocky Briar 1582 patent no.298978 with a B in a circle bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
KBB Kaywoodie_Rocky1582-bulldog.jpg

Smoking MB Symphony in a Bari Wiking freehand,bottle of Pellegrino mineral water. I`m very grateful that my wife is feeling better,but,Sadly, I am feeling worse than before. I lounged around all day,hoping to see in the new year,but I don`t think I will make it the way I feel. Anyway,happy new year to all of you guys!

What's your favorite jazz era? I mostly enjoy the post Big Band era through the beginning of Jazz Rock Fusion
I'm mostly a 50s guy. Seemed to be the golden era of improvised music.

The musicians I've studied most closely and tried to emulate are Warne Marsh, Lee Konitz, Lennie Tristano, and Lester Young.

Though I also enjoy and respect many others like Bill Evans, Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Charlie Parker, etc. The list is long.

I don't listen to vocalists as often, but when I do (especially during the holiday season for some reason), can't go wrong with Johnny Hartman, Nat King Cole, Billie Holiday, etc.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. Earlier, I smoked a bowl of Seattle Pipe Club Down Yonder in a straight black 1963 Dunhill LB Shell 4S billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Dunhill_1963_LB_billiard.jpg

Now, I'm close to finishing this bowl of several years old Dunhill Elizabethan in a straight smooth, dark brown patent era 1952 Dunhill Bruyere ODA apple 806 B124 with a black vulcanite tapered stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Been watching Orson Welles' movies and dealing with the ferals, which I'll discuss later.
Dunhill_1952_Apple B124.jpg

I am starting off the New Year with a bowl from a freshly opened tin of year 2001 Murray's Dunhill Navy Rolls in a 1984 black sandblasted straight Dunhill Shell 4103 Billiard with a black vulcanite tapered stem.
Dunhill_1984Shell_4103_Billiard.jpg

Did a little snacking, and am smoking Jim’s English in a full bend black pebble finish 2001 Rinaldo Lithos YY8 Titania Silver Line egg with a tapered black acrylic stem. Have enough left for one more bowl. Watching Nature on PBS.
Rinaldo Lithos YY8 Titania Silver Line egg.jpg

Tomato the Brave was missing for five days, but showed up two nights in a row around two a.m. to eat and warm up inside. He hasn’t been around any other time. This evening, Tomato came over at eight p.m. limping on his back left leg. He’s eaten a couple of times, and mostly laid by my feet. Unfortunately, he won’t allow me to check his leg. I don’t see anything wrong, so at least there’s no blood as a result of an attack by another animal. I don’t know how he got hurt, but he still has his appetite and purrs when I rub and scratch on him as long as I stay away from that leg. Hope he mends fast.
Tomato_Feet1.jpg

Tomato_Feet2.jpg

Tomato_Feet3.jpg

Tomato_LooksatMe0.jpg

Enjoyed a big and tasty golden delicious apple, and am a quarter of the way through this bowl of Seattle Pipe Club Hogshead in a well appreciated medium bend, smooth brown 1950s Peterson 999 Dublin chubby Rhodesian with a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem.
Peterson_999_Rhodesian-Dublin.jpg

Part way through this bowl of D&R Penhooker in a smooth brown late 1890s, early 1900s unbranded military mount bulldog with a silver windcap and spigot with a black vulcanite, flared stem and orific bit. I'll end the day with this smoke. I was going to bed, but Tomato the Brave jumped on to my chair and settled down to my left side. He's stuck by me all evening and apparently needs me since he doesn't feel well.
1890-1900 unbranded MM bulldog_silver cap.jpg
TomatoByMySide.jpg