What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finishing this bowl of year 2001 Wessex Campaign Dark Flake in a smooth dark brown medium bend year 1924 Dunhill 136A double patent apple with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
View attachment 17284

Tomato the Brave is not a fighter, but he has gotten a bit aggressive lately. He consistently goes after Abner the Eager, who is definitely a lover and not a fighter. When any feral starts that sort of thing, they go outside immediately. This afternoon, Tomato wanted out, and when he was outside, Harry the Hairy was there waiting to eat. Tomato, like all the other ferals, are afraid of Harry. I figure it’s due to the loud wailing Harry does when another cat is around. This time, Tomato hissed and took a swipe at Harry, who backed off. I’ve never seen any feral stand up the Harry before. Tomato came back inside, and I fed Harry.
View attachment 17285
View attachment 17286

Not much else to relate about today. Sam the Scamp and her babies are fine. I have learned not to pay too much attention to the babies because Sam gets concerned about it after a few minutes. Some of that is probably because Sam wants to get out of the bathroom and be with us and have more room than the small bathroom does. She doesn’t like to wait long for that. The babes do like my rubbing their heads and chins. One of the sons of Harry the Hairy grabbed my finger, marked and licked it, and then wanted to climb out of the box. I put him back in the box. Btw, it looks as though all five are boys.
View attachment 17287
View attachment 17288
Being the "Cat Daddy" of six (plus a few ferals!), I've learned a bit about them over the years. For instance, Orange Tabby's (or Red Cats as my vet calls them), are always male. We have three. Calico's likewise are female. Striped Tigers (we have two) can be either. Female cats can have (as does Sam the Scamp) a mixed litter with more than one father. Hence, three orange kittens and two striped tigers!! FWIW, FTRPLT

My wife and I were enjoying breakfast about 20 minutes ago,out of nowhere the whole house started shaking,it came and went in seconds. It appears that there was an earthquake, My wife is watching the intense coverage on the news. NY media is awful!
Smoking a Caminetto billiard, 7 seas regular with a Martinson k-cup.
Heard about the 4.8 earthquake in NJ and NY. Non stop coverage on all the news stations all morning. Got tired of it after 30 minutes or so.

Finally getting around to posting. With 4 doggies morning routine was a hoot. Just finishing up a bowl of Zippos recipe Tumbleweed and my 3rd mug of coffee. Wind blowing like mad, gusts to 35+. Wife was holding Angel, our friends chihuahua and Charlie got jealous and jumped up too. Lol. Have a great day everyone. Have a pint for me Zippo my friend.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240405_101830_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240405_101830_Gallery.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Nearing the last quarter of this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Lunch follows this smoke. Watching the Yankees-Jays game.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Last edited:
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am almost half way through this bowl of year 2021 Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Evening Flake in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson Ebony POTY 4AB No. 422/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Gold Star Jamaican Estate Reserve, neat, is my drink. Still watching the ball game while I sort through KBV blends to decide on which ones to match to cleaned unsmoked (by me) estate pipes. I have about twenty-five of them on my list.
4AB_Ebony.jpg

A quarter of the way through the last of this pouch of KBV Verge Engine Santa Drive 2021 in a 1978 Peterson Deluxe 20S medium bend smooth dark brown billiard with a silver cap military mount black vulcanite saddle p-lip stem. The 2023 version will replace it because the pouch is open, even though I have more of the 2021 version. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Peterson_Deluxe20S_1978_P-Lip.jpg

Finally getting around to posting. With 4 doggies morning routine was a hoot. Just finishing up a bowl of Zippos recipe Tumbleweed and my 3rd mug of coffee. Wind blowing like mad, gusts to 35+. Wife was holding Angel, our friends chihuahua and Charlie got jealous and jumped up too. Lol. Have a great day everyone. Have a pint for me Zippo my friend.
You reminded me of that saying "its that windy it would blow a dog off a leash" :D(y)

Being the "Cat Daddy" of six (plus a few ferals!), I've learned a bit about them over the years. For instance, Orange Tabby's (or Red Cats as my vet calls them), are always male. We have three. Calico's likewise are female. Striped Tigers (we have two) can be either. Female cats can have (as does Sam the Scamp) a mixed litter with more than one father. Hence, three orange kittens and two striped tigers!! FWIW, FTRPLT
We had an orange tabby named Nutmeg when I was a child, she had a litter of six, one white, 2 greys, and 3 orange tabbies. Of the orange tabby kittens, two were female. In university I dated a girl who had a Manx calico, his name was Rupert. I think you may have experienced a significant coincidence, perhaps localized, within a limited population of strays. Cat colonies often become inbred and produce genetic anomalies. I would be concerned if your veterinarian supports this theory.

Last edited:
I fired up the cob to compliment a Bloody Mary (Caesar actually) Clamato, a couple shakes of Cajun seasoning and of course vodka. The MM cob is a welcome friend.
I am a big fan of beer and V8 after a day at work. Fond of Bloody Marys and Caesars as well. To your continued good health, Dreamer!

Don't see very many DH 127's! I have a 1965 127 Shell Briar...smokes like a dream!! FTRPLT
I agree. They are increasingly hard to find, and every one I’ve ever had has smoked well. I heard a guy once refer to them as the “mini LB.” I think that’s a perfect descriptor. I always keep my eye open for them.

Last year in haste I traded a truly mint 1965 Root Briar 127 and a beautiful 1949 patent era Shell 127 because I wanted to rid my collection of vulcanite stems. I’ll likely never get those two back, but I learned a great lesson: sleep on your impulses, then sleep again on them. If they are still there weeks, even months later, then act; they are probably no longer just impulses. A hard but valuable lesson learned.