What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Pipe'n Prof "I’ll likely never get those two back, but I learned a great lesson: sleep on your impulses, then sleep again on them. If they are still there weeks, even months later, then act; they are probably no longer just impulses."

Great advice that people should remind themselves of regularly in all things. It is a hard task in the age of online commerce and social media.

I just bought a Lampe Berger, 25 years after I decided I wanted one I found the one that "speaks" to me.

Close to finishing this bowl of KBV River of Deceit 2023 in a 1985 three quarter bend medium brown Ascorti KS Business dublin with a black acrylic saddle stem. Getting set to watch the Braves-Diamondbacks game.
Ascorti_BusinessKS_Dublin.jpg

Pre dinner bowl of 2012 Esoterica Margate in a Nording Extra grade 2 freehand dublin with amber stem. Earl Gray tea aside. Well, goodbye Spring, down to 26 tonight and 45% chance of snow. So much for riding tomorrow. Good evening BoBs.

Attachments

• 20240405_163640.jpg
    20240405_163640.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Pre dinner bowl of 2012 Esoterica Margate in a Nording Extra grade 2 freehand dublin with amber stem. Earl Gray tea aside. Well, goodbye Spring, down to 26 tonight and 45% chance of snow. So much for riding tomorrow. Good evening BoBs.
As T.S. Eliot wrote, "April is the cruellest month..."

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. I've almost finished smoking year 2007 Astley’s No. 109 in a straight smooth brown circa 1950s-60s BBB Contrast 506 Canadian with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
BBB_Contrast506_Canadian.jpg

As T.S. Eliot wrote, "April is the cruellest month..."
@Eutychus "In like a lion and out like a lamb."

My mistake, that's March. I suppose the unsettled weather effect is location specific. :unsure:

On another note, while in University, I heard a recording of Eliot reciting the poem you quote. His voice is disturbing and lends the poem a surreal quality, quite unsettling.

Enjoyed a bowl of SBG in my big Lorenzetti while I searched for this recording. Think I'll have another pipe with Old Professor, it seems more appropriate to Eliot's brooding drone.

Last edited:
Winding the night down with some Haddo’s Delight in a 1979 Dunhill Bruyere 51031. Made 4 years after they ended the LB designation, but by all means it’s an LB—exact same dimensions. Pairing it with a glass of Evan Williams and a book I’m wrapping up—Seneca’s Moral Essays.
IMG_8903.jpeg
IMG_8904.jpeg

Not far from finishing this bowl of year 2016 Peter Stokkebye Luxury Navy Flake in a straight smooth brown post-1964 Parker Super Bruyere 88/F group 3 bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
1964on_Parker_SB_88_group 3 bulldog.jpg

A wonderful meal of brisket and shrimp at an area restaurant this evening with my beautiful wife. Smoking a Qintessa rubusto cigar in my man cave. Well aged - 10 yrs iView attachment 17315in my humidor. Drinking a nice bourbon and listening to SXM Elvis Channel. What a great Friday.
Sounds like a perfect evening. Enjoy!

Near the half way mark of this bowl of year 2020 Uhle’s Blend 44 in a 1922-38 Made in Ireland Peterson Dublin 3 straight smooth dark brown bulldog with a black vulcanite saddle p-lip stem. Watching a Gene Autry movie.
Peterson_PR_Dublin3_bulldog.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and have a third of a bowl left of year 2002 Reiner Long Golden Flake in a smooth dark brown quarter bend 1950s Comoy’s Blue Riband 187 yachtsman with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Just finished cleaning a few pipes. Watching the Red Sox-Angels game.
Comoy's_B.R._yachtsman187.jpg

Half way through this bowl of Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a smooth medium bend terracotta Peterson POY 2023 X160 464/1100 military mount egg with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Peterson_POY2023_X160.jpg