What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now smoking year 2014 Dunhill Flake in a straight smooth dark brown 1916 Barling The Hunt with beautiful silver work and a black vulcanite saddle stem with an orific bit.
Barling_Hunter_1.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm near the last quarter of this bowl of year 2018 Sutliff Dunhill Elizabethan Match in a 1982 near full bend egg shaped Ascorti Business KS with a black ferrule and black saddle acrylic stem in the military mount style. Haven't smoked this pipe in a while. Watching the Braves-Mets game.
Ascorti_BusinessKS_MM.jpg

Passing the half way mark of this bowl of year 2019 C&D Derringer in a late 1890s, early 1900s straight smooth brown unbranded billiard with an A&D silver cap and ferrule with a tapered amber stem and orific bit. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
1890-1900 A&D unbranded billiard_silver&amberish.jpg

Now smoking Wilke No. 72 in a pre-1974 dark brown straight Larus & Brother Co. Signature billiard with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem with the initials LCR on the top of the stem. This blend was smoked by Walter Cronkite. Working and listening to Fibber McGee and Molly. We named Molly Danger after Molly McGee.
Larus and Brother pot.jpg

Did some important low calorie snacking, and am a third of the way through this bowl of Wilke Surbrug’s Crystal Palace in a dark brown smooth straight post-WW2 LHS Certified Purex 79 bulldog with a nickel ferrule and tenon with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Listening to the December 7, 1941 episode of The Great Gildersleeve. The show was interrupted several times for news, but the actors kept on going.
LHS Certified Purex 79 bulldog .jpg

Now smoking Wilke Little Round Top in an undated straight smooth brown pre-Republic Peterson’s Sterling bulldog 150 with a sterling silver band and a black vulcanite saddle p-lip stem. This blend is Back Bay with much less perique (10%) than the regular Back Bay. Reading forum posts.
Peterson_PR_Bulldog_Sterling150.jpg

A quarter of the way through this bowl of Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a year 2021 straight black sandblasted Peterson Ragaire 150 bulldog with an unmounted army mount tapered acrylic cumberland fish tail stem. I'll end the day with this smoke. Reading baseball box scores.
Peterson_Ragaire_bulldog150 .jpg

Tried to post this yesterday, but got distracted:

Just finished some Presbyterian Mixture in my brand new (a few weeks old) "Peterson System Standard 306 Heritage Tobacco Pipe PLIP" (copied that right from the order confirmation). This is my first Peterson, and I learned two things about Peterson pipes. 1) They make a beautiful pipe that smokes well, and 2) I really don't like the PLIP! I've smoked it close to 10 times I'd say, and my mouth just doesn't know what to do with that thing. Also, while the shape is gorgeous - it's a bit of an oom Paul shape - I find it hard to hold, and I've dropped it 4 or 5 times, once on gravel (ouch!)

Moved on to a MM Elf Cobbit with Lane 1Q. Wife having a second-hand smoke with me. ;)

Tried to post this yesterday, but got distracted:

Just finished some Presbyterian Mixture in my brand new (a few weeks old) "Peterson System Standard 306 Heritage Tobacco Pipe PLIP" (copied that right from the order confirmation). This is my first Peterson, and I learned two things about Peterson pipes. 1) They make a beautiful pipe that smokes well, and 2) I really don't like the PLIP! I've smoked it close to 10 times I'd say, and my mouth just doesn't know what to do with that thing. Also, while the shape is gorgeous - it's a bit of an oom Paul shape - I find it hard to hold, and I've dropped it 4 or 5 times, once on gravel (ouch!)

Moved on to a MM Elf Cobbit with Lane 1Q. Wife having a second-hand smoke with me. ;)
I personally like the PFLIP. The first time I put in my mouth the notch felt good on my tongue. The smoke hole on top ceases tongue bite. Pete’s are great pipes.

I personally like the PFLIP. The first time I put in my mouth the notch felt good on my tongue. The smoke hole on top ceases tongue bite. Pete’s are great pipes.
I'm thinking if anyone wants to do a swap, Pete fishtail for my plip, in equally good condition, I would consider it. I still have the box and all that.