What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out on the patio with missus. She's enjoying a glass of a delicious Portuguese red blend, and I'm enjoying Bulleit Rye on ice and smoking Sutcliff Rum & Maple in the Hardcastle's Crown bent billiard with saddle stem.
View attachment 17477
Refilling our glasses, and me refilling my pipe before calling it a night.

MB Extra in my Parker 189. In my mancave after a dinner. Stressful day so having a whisky
20240410_191908.jpg

Finally home and on the patio. Smoking Benediction in a Randy Wiley freehand bent dublin with green acrylic stem. Toasted coconut tea on the side. Would rather have had toasted Evan Williams but its a bit early even though it is after 5, lol.
Hey, it's always 5 o'clock somewhere!😁

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, porterhouse steak and baked potato dinner with the last of the spumoni ice cream for dessert. I'm half way through this bowl of year 2012 St. James Flake in a straight 1968 Dunhill Tanshell octagonal paneled EK F/T billiard with a square shank and tapered black vulcanite stem. Been playing with the scampers while watching the Yankees-Marlins game.
Dunhill_1968Tanshell_Billiard.jpg

The long tail Maine Coon really likes me. After I put him back in the playpen, he tried climbing the wall to be with me.
MCHoldBT3.jpg

MCHoldBT4.jpg

MCHoldBT5Close.jpg

MCLTPenClimb.jpg

Enjoyed a big and tasty golden delicious apple, and am off to work with a bowl of Wilke No. 72 in a pre-1974 dark brown straight Larus & Brother Co. Signature billiard with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem with the initials LCR on the top of the stem. This blend was smoked by Walter Cronkite.
Larus and Brother pot.jpg

A third of the way through this bowl of year 2017 Esoterica Dorchester in a straight smooth brown 1920s KBB Rocky Briar 1582 patent no.298978 with a B in a circle bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Working and listening to The Lone Ranger from my radio collection, most of which I got off of Archive.org. If you like old time radio, it's the place to go because they have thousands and thousands of old radio shows for free. There's lots of old TV shows, movies, and books, too, all of which are in public domain.
KBB Kaywoodie_Rocky1582-bulldog.jpg

Passing the half way mark of this bowl of first release Watch City Rhythm & Blues in an undated straight smooth brown Crosby Saint Andrews “Merchant Service-like Bing” with a silverish band and a tapered black vulcanite stem.
St.Andrews_Bing #1 copy.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty snap dragon apple, and am smoking Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a smooth medium bend terracotta Peterson POY 2023 X160 464/1100 military mount egg with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
Peterson_POY2023_X160.jpg

Passing the quarter mark of this bowl of year 2010 Full Virginia Flake in a slight bend 1968 group 4S Dunhill Shell 475 cherrywood with a tapered black vulcanite stem. With any luck, I'll end the day with this smoke.
Dunhill_1968Cherrywood_Shell_475_4S.jpg

Harry the Hairy ate a bunch of dry food today, and as always, wants to come inside. The way he looks at me when the answer is “no” is sad, but I do give him a bit of attention when I feed him. The one weird thing about Harry is that he doesn’t always realize food is already out there. I occasionally have to let him know that. I suspect he just wants my company or maybe he’s not very bright. Anyway, he’s spending more time here than he used to, and is always happy to see us.
HarryLounge3.jpg

Tomato the Brave was in play mode this afternoon, and enjoyed chewing, chasing and batting around the rope I was wiggling around him. I didn’t get any photos of that, but m’lady made a short video of our pal having fun. Daisy the Feral Princess has spent most of her time snoozing’. Abner the Eager was here to eat twice, but never stayed long. Abner and Tomato freak out seeing Sam and the Scampers in the playpen, and run to the door to be let outside. I don’t know why they are so uptight about it, but that’s the way it is.
Sam&Babies_birdeye.jpg

DaisyBB2.jpg

Here's a few short videos of Sam and the Scampers.

Attachments

• BabiesPenSam2.mp4
    10.1 MB
Last edited:
Half way through this bowl of 2017 Watch City Deluxe Crumb Cut in a 2016 Peretti's M.T. Natural made in Holland straight smooth brown Algerian briar billiard with a tapered black acrylic stem. Took some scamper photos.
View attachment 17451
I absolutely love Watch City Deluxe Crumb Cut. When I want something other than Pegasus or Winchester I reach for Deluxe Crumb Cut. It has the perfect amount of Latakia for me which is a whisper. Do you like Boswell's Premium Burley Jim?

Good morning,
Smoking a Pete Strand with MB symphony,Mug of Starbucks Veranda coffee.I have to leave shortly to see the pain mgmt DR. It will be an interesting visit because I woke up in pain! it`s a rainy 51 degrees here,so I have a day off from yard work.