What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Survived the first week of my return to work: tarps removed from greens, clubhouse and proshop spring cleaning completed (including shrub thinning), excess water displaced. I started celebrating with a pint of Faxe Strong Ale and will accompany that with a bowl of MM 150th in my Falcon and a second pint of Faxe.
I should be ambulatory for work on Monday morning...

@JimInks gorgeous grain and colour on that BC. Like roiling smoke.

Attachments

• Falcon Meer.JPG
    Falcon Meer.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Half way through this bowl of Watch City Original Crumb Cut in a 1950s-60s straight smooth brown Bertram 07 octagonal paneled billiard with a square shank and a tapered black vulcanite stem. This will get me to dinner time.
Bertram_07 _panel_billiard.jpg

Enjoyed a quiet afternoon and early evening doing paperwork and smoking several bowls. Tore into some B.S.O.S.M. in a no-name pot. Then more of the same in an old GBD MR&C silver-banded bent bulldog. Topped that off with 2008 Margate in a Sasieni Four Dot Rusticated long-shank pot. After the Mrs. came home, had a few "adult beverages" accompanied by 2010 Boswells Northwoods in a 1960 DH Tanshell EK octagonal square-shanked billiard. Life is good at the moment!! A good evening to all!!!! FTRPLT

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I just finished smoking year 2014 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a 2003 black sandblasted medium bend Karl Erik Ekstravagant scoop with a horn ferrule and black acrylic stem. Hated the photo I was using, and am not overly thrilled with this one, but it's the best that I could manage. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Karl_Erik_Scoop.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty snap dragon apple, and am off to work with a bowl of Wilke Surbrug’s Golden Sceptre in a late 40s, early 50s straight black sandblasted Wagner British Thorn 495 (Comoy’s second) pot with a black vulcanite saddle stem.
 Wagner_pot.jpg

Does the village have any recourse for protection under heritage status? Specifically regarding zoning and development to preserve its character and identity?
Kind of Singed.
Much of the buildings are 15th & 16th century, and as such are protected. For example my cottage is a listed building, and as such, any work that needs doing to it, has to be carried out with strict guide lines, so that the work matches the building, and it's environment. Zoning won't ever be far enough away in my opinion 🤣

Did a little low calorie snacking, and am a quarter of the way through this bowl of Hearth & Home AJ’s Vaper in a pre-1952 Sutliff Falcon 372 (made by Comoy’s) smooth light brown straight bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Listening to the Dodgers-Padres game as I work.
Comoy's_Sutliff_Falcon372_Bulldog.jpg

Last edited:
Now smoking Wilke Gentry Royal Blend No. 2 in a black sandblast quarter bend undated Briarcraft (Dr. Grabow made) Wimbledon 810 author with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Just fed Daisy the Feral Princess, and Tomato the Brave. The others, except for Sam the Scamp, are somewhere else.
Briarcraft-Wimbledon810 author.jpg

Now smoking 2019 C&D Yorktown in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Terracotta 4AB No.108/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Just fed Sleepy Suzy and Molly Danger. Time to read baseball box scores.
4AB-TC_left2.jpg

Almost a third of the way through this bowl of Uhle’s Blend 71 in a 2018 smooth full bend Peterson Premiere 312 billiard with a silver cap military mount and a black vulcanite saddle stem with a p-lip. Runnng low on this blend. I'll end the day with this smoke.
Peterson_Premiere312.jpg

Finally I have a smoker, a Savinelli 616. Possibly the hardest pipe to break in I’ve had. 30-40 bowls it was still harsh. Last night I reluctantly lit it expecting more misery but what I got was a nice, mellow flavorful smoke clear down to the smoke hole. Praise the Lord
IMG_0330.jpeg

@WetPipeDreamer This is my own 616 Sistina. I smoke it when I want to relax for two hours, particularly reading. I was impatient breaking it in and created two pits in the bowl by smoking too hot. They were small enough to repair with some pipe mud. I hope yours is equally enjoyable, especially after taking the time to properly break it in.

Attachments

• Savinelli 616 Sistina.jpg
    Savinelli 616 Sistina.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Good morning BoBs! It's nice to share morning coffee with you, my work schedule abbreviates my morning rituals so this is a treat I've been looking forward to all week. I'm gonna start the day with Mark Twain in my Cobbler, and Ovaltine Breakfast Blend. BBL

Attachments

• MM Cobbler.jpg
    MM Cobbler.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I just finished smoking year 2014 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a 2003 black sandblasted medium bend Karl Erik Ekstravagant scoop with a horn ferrule and black acrylic stem. Hated the photo I was using, and am not overly thrilled with this one, but it's the best that I could manage. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
View attachment 17559
IDK, Jim. It does pick up the band and the shank grain nicely. The bowl rings also carry nicely through the shank. Perhaps the reflection is a bit high but it does emphasize the finish. I think it's a good image.