What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@WetPipeDreamer This is my own 616 Sistina. I smoke it when I want to relax for two hours, particularly reading. I was impatient breaking it in and created two pits in the bowl by smoking too hot. They were small enough to repair with some pipe mud. I hope yours is equally enjoyable, especially after taking the time to properly break it in.
I have another 616 only smooth. It was a good smoker in about 5-6 bowls. The smooth took time away from my meditation time as I was continually fondling, rubbing and admiring. I ordered the sandblasted for it’s plainness, all I need to do with it is tend the fire.
IMG_0091.jpeg

Smoking a De Paja bent brandy. I mixed the PS optimum with Sutliff creme brulee-The CB gives the optimum the sweetness that I feel it was missing. I have been looking around on E-bay as I have the itch to get a few more Custom-Bilt pipes.

Good morning BoBs. Having Zippos recipe Tumbleweed in a Sav Hercules 606EX and a mug of cowboy coffee. Warm and windy day here. Heading over to Prescott Valley in a couple of hours to set up for a 3 hour mini horse event. Going to be a couple hundred kids around. Should be a real hoot, lol. Have a great day everyone.

Almost finished this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Most enjoyable morning on patio with the Mrs. Enjoyed a bowl of Original Van Rossem's Troost Slices in a modified MM barrel-shaped "Corn Cob" with a 3-knuckle bamboo shank and gently curved vulcanite bit. Pipe is over 7" long, modified and previously owned by our late brother Sante "FishNBanjo" Guiliani. Dark, strong French Roast coffee to accompany!! FTRPLT

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am near the half way mark of this bowl of year 2021 Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Evening Flake in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson Ebony POTY 4AB No. 422/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Gold Star Jamaican Estate Reserve, neat, is my drink.
4AB_Ebony.jpg

Almost a third of the way through this bowl of Wilke Back Bay w/o perique in a smooth brown quarter bend post-2002 Porsche Design 277-04 radiator horn Made in Holland with an aluminum cap and a tapered black acrylic stem. This is Back Bay with no perique. John Brandt made it for me upon my request. Almost time for the Braves-Marlins game.
Porsche_horn.jpg

Close to finishing the last of my open stash of year 2017 E-soterica Dorchester in a straight smooth brown 1920s KBB Rocky Briar 1582 patent no.298978 with a B in a circle bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Actually, it's more like a bowl and half as I poured in the rest of the tiny bits once I passed the half way mark. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching the Braves-Marlins game as I watch Sam and the Scampers in their playpen.
KBB Kaywoodie_Rocky1582-bulldog.jpg

Back from the Legion where they presented us combat vets with warrior medals. A very moving ceremony. Just finishing a bowl of PS Proper English in a well loved Stanwell Brushed Black half bent apple. Columbian hazelnut coffee on the side. Trying to decide what to have for dinner, lol.

Half way through this bowl of 2017 Watch City Deluxe Crumb Cut in a smooth brown three quarter bend 1979 Ben Wade Golden Matt freehand sitter with a channel cut on the right side, plateau rim, and a brown pearl acrylic stem. Haven't smoked this pipe in quite a while, but it got a lot of use during the 1980s and early 90s.
Ben_Wade_Golden_Matt_left.jpg

Passing the quarter mark of this bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This should get me to dinner time.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, wild caught cat fish and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I've a third of a bowl left of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a 1999 smooth brown medium bend Peterson Sherlock Holmes Series Baskerville with a sterling silver band and black vulcanite p-lip stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Cleaning a few pipes.
Peterson Sherlock Holmes_Baskerville.jpg