What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rattray's Jocks Mixture in my new Peder Jeppesen briar. :D

Earlier some Embarcadero in a Castello Old Ant 61, just now some Irish Flake in a Caminetto Canadian while STANDING on my back porch, this is definitely a blend that should be smoked SITTING DOWN. Peace-Mike :silent:

Penzance in a Duca morta, big cup of Earl Grey on the side.

Finishing off a tin of 2 yr old Red Carpet... I really need to stock up on this blend. VAperTurk is becoming one of my favorite combos

Earlier some DG Maduro in an Ardor Calabash, just now some Irish Flake in my Ashton Pebble grain billie. Peace-mike :cheers:

Finally getting over the cold. GLP Cairo in a Ser Jac big bent billiard.

Westminster in a savinelli along with some dark roast coffee

Harlock999":e4g78jdd said:
Penzance in a Duca morta, big cup of Earl Grey on the side.
Part II this morning.
The co-mingled smell of latakia and grilled sausages is a nice thing!
Good morning all!

Laurel Heights in a newly gifted GBD Natural bent billiard.

Paul Olsen: My Own Blend 111 Flake from 2004 in a Sasieni.

This is the third installmant of my "aged tobacco" retrospective.

This too is a nice tasty VaPer. At first the Virginia sweetness really comes out. Some lemony citrus notes with the Perique just at the edges as a spicy reminder. There's a fullness to this blend which goes a long way. No shortage of Vitamin N either. I'll post more thoughts on this as I give it another try.

As a side note, I am starting to recognize some of the qualities an aged tobacco takes on. A few years ago when the Dunhill stuff was discontinued, I had a half pound of EMP which I put away and forgot about thinking it was the last I'd ever see. I had no clue about aging as a desireable thing at that point. About a year and a half later I got back to it and my first impression is that it didn't taste the way it did when it was new. I thought somehow I'd screwed up even though it was well sealed. It had a mustier deeper quality that I couldn't put my finger on. When I tried my first aged tobacco a couple of weeks ago it had even more of the same quality in the flavor. Interesting that I thought that it was something I did wrong! Truth is that age does change tobacco more than I thought!! LOL

Enjoying some Three Friars in a Molina Billiard as the afternoon gets progressively less humid.

Cool, misty, low clouds on the mountains. It was a perfect day.

C&D Bayou Morning and a bowl od SG Golden Glow.

During the day, several bowls of Louisiana Red in a Pietenpauw.

Status
Not open for further replies.