What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some four year old (for me) Theodorus Niemeyer Flying Dutchmen. I believe the tin was from the 90s. It was the first tin of pipe tobacco I ever purchased. I asked the guy for pipe cleaners and pipe tobacco. Being a new smoker, I had no idea what I was buying, and he chuckled when he sold it to me. It bit me like a rabid pitbull when I first tried it. It was alright today though. It's lost some of its aroma from the casing while in the jar.

It still burns hot, but it was absolutely smokeable in my Aldo Morelli bent with a Savinelli 9mm balsa filter.

Three smoke day for me...lil JKP in my Peterson wee CW.

Some of Milan's Cavendish 205 out of the same Aldo Morelli: 1/2 bowls both times. Definitely need a good lunch now!

Lots of Brothers up smoking tonight.. Had some older Triple Play in a Charatan's Make 483 DC.. It was good. Now to finish this beer and hit the pillow..

velveteagle":ewfw5tiw said:
Lots of Brothers up smoking tonight.. Had some older Triple Play in a Charatan's Make 483 DC.. It was good. Now to finish this beer and hit the pillow..
Dude, when'd you get a Charatan!?

MisterE":ktuo04do said:
velveteagle":ktuo04do said:
Dude, when'd you get a Charatan!?
MisterE I picked one up on ebay older but like new.. I got it for a great price.. It smokes like a champ.. About 8-10 months ago I think.. Light briar and great drafting in its smoking.. I would like to get another some day but they go for so high.. I got this one late on ebay for under $40.00 bucks.. Good investment.. Just had a bowl of Toss in the can blend.. In a MM Patriot cob.. I should be getting to bed.. but won a nice pipe on ebay just now for under $24.00 its called a Dimonte .. Never heard of it but man it looks well made and I love the shape.. :cheers:

velveteagle":nk2bsai2 said:
sorry, but I got a chuckle out of "some older triple Play". even the first Production run is so young, it can't cross the street by itself!

old_salt":djupw5un said:
velveteagle":djupw5un said:
sorry, but I got a chuckle out of "some older triple Play". even the first Production run is so young, it can't cross the street by itself!
So true old salt. But I did get the first run tins of it and had to let it air and reseal.. It does smoke much better than when I first got it.. I have a few other tins in the cellar which will be older in the real sense when I smoke them again.. It was a tin I opened or can I guess you should say.. In July of 2011.. Mellowed right out for me.. Now It was a bowl of Dan's Blue Note this morning sunny and cold outside smoking. Chores a bit later and a cup of coffee with a bowl of Escudo in a Butz Choquin Calabash.. Heading out now with a bowl of Esoterica Margate in a Italian hand made Valky's Coffee Cup shape smoker.. This pipe is light and smokes like a champ..

Presbyterian, in a Caminetto, then the same in an Ascorti...

Third bowl of Royal Blend today :p This one in a straight grain S&R bent Bulldog I got from Steve back in '85. It's become one of my best smoking pipes I own and now with Royal Blend, it just is heaven :p

Earlier it was PS Balkan Supreme in a Jan Zeman. Now I have some Peretti's BPC in a Peterson 999.

Smokey

hmm, i will try again. Escudo from 1999 in this Adam Davidson tanblast longshank fig.

Status
Not open for further replies.