What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting my morning off with some FVF courtesy of Mr. Ireland in an old no name estate bent Dublin I was given for Xmas. It's old, beat up, the edge of the bowl is worn from being is someone pocket for years but it smokes like a champ.

Uhle's Blend 300 in a Wally Frank Giant Lovat.. Sunshine and 44.F

McC Oriental #1 in my Thomas James Freehand. This is from one of the tins from 1996 that I got from Mike(m2j3t6) in December. Mild yet flavorful, burned down to a pure white ash. Great smoke for the morning.

MisterE":p0w3tq9d said:
Behike, how are you liking the GH Dark Flake? One of my faves!! :cheers:

Lovely so far. The problem was the B & M was filled with a lot of "Ghurkafied" air, if you get what I am saying? I can't wait to smoke some by myself, but I enjoyed it VERY MUCH!

Btw, it's sunny and warm here in southern IN. Thanks to puros_bran, I will be enjoying some aged Penzance on the balcony! Blam-O!

Wonderful sunny day for wood chopping. Villiger 1888 Late Night in a Carey Large Flame Billiard..

Because of Kyle's inquiry about Rattray's Jocks Mixture, I had to pop open a 10 year old aged tin and load up a Caminetto Business Billiard. This is a wonderful MILD Scottish blend with just a touch of Latakia, some fine Virginias and a portion of Cavendish to smooth out the blend.

Couldn't make up my mind before I left for work, so I grabbed a small baggie from my potpourri jar. It's a mix of whatever tiny bits of VA-based blends I have that were left over in the bottom of tins, or samples that I received that I didn't care for "straight".

I smoked three bowls of the stuff today in a no-name half-bent. The tobacco is very, VERY good right now!

docwatson":qt93cuqw said:
Because of Kyle's inquiry about Rattray's Jocks Mixture, I had to pop open a 10 year old aged tin and load up a Caminetto Business Billiard. This is a wonderful MILD Scottish blend with just a touch of Latakia, some fine Virginias and a portion of Cavendish to smooth out the blend.
Hey Doc.. Bet you wished you would not have waited.. Could have been hit by a train Brother...
Had a beautiful smoke of FVF in a Sav Auto #5 with company at the pub.. Good night here.. Smoke it if you got it Brothers.. :cheers:

I am so new I glow green and am already spoiled.

I asked about something involving perique since I have been feasting on Lat bombs this week. Was at the B&M today and wanted something to open the palate and they were out anything that fit the bill in tins. ANYWAY, god bless this guy, he didn't even have a house blend to offer so he mixed somethings together for me. A+ for effort and customer service. D+ for execution.

Bummer.......

Had a bowl of Boswells Peaches and Cream last night in my Emin Meer...what a great combo.

Very nice sunny cool morning here.. Had a walk outside with a bowl of Altadis Blue Note in a Dr. Grabow Riviera Canadian..

On the way to work: Boswell's Piper's Pleasure in a basket.

At work: Prince Albert in a cob. (my first taste of PA because someone at work gave it to me. Definitely very "old school" tasting/smelling. I'll smoke it again, but it's definitely not my favorite.)

Lion's vs Saint's day for me.. Just returned from wood hauling chores while smoking a bowl of Germain's Brown Flake in a Wally Frank Carved Rhodesian.. Very good smoking after this was given age and some air.. Go Lion's ya need a prayer.. :cheers:

SG Chocolate Flake in a Jobey Rustic Strawberry (shape, not wood)

On the way to my first stop on my route ... Uhle's Old Shoe in a Dr. Grabow Royal Duke, not the drugstore kind, but the $40 kind at Uhle's ... :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.