What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
McClelland's Blackwoods Flake in a Savinelli Dry System 320 series.

Just finished mowing, and relaxing with a sweet virginia and a rum drink, or two, or three. Whee-e-e!!!

Peretti's Royal Blend in my grp6 Tanshell Billiard Dunhill I bought in '72. This pipe's had nothing but Balkans smoked in it since I bought it!! They love each other ! :p

Breaking in my new Todd Harris Mega Dublin with some Prince Albert. This is one fine pipe!

Just had C&D Briar Fox in a GBD straight apple

A couple years ago, an utterly unexpected surprise box came in the mail, right at Christmastime. It was from PeeDiddy, and contained a Castello Collection Prince. I was going to say a beautiful Castello Collection Prince, but the adjective would have been redundant. (When PD sets out to drop a mortar round in your lap, they will still be finding pieces of your mind years later). It's never had anything to smoke but Embarcadero, and it's never been less than stellar with it.

Since straight up-&-down rubbed flakes trimmed to length can be a little iffy in a pipe with a 21 mm bore, and since it was its turn tonight, this time it was a looser-than-usual clump followed by some tiny cut cubes of it, gravity fed. The result was optimum flavor, sans the annoying pauses between re-lights to let it dry-&-cool back down that happen when a spot in the pack is, inadvertently, the least bit tight.

Pondering the experience as it unfolded, the phrase that sprang to mind was "voluptuous understatement" -- a description I can't imagine applying to any other tobacco I've ever smoked. That's Sheherazade at her best.

Hoping you're doing as well ! 8)

Reporting Live from the Cat House

:face:

Early morning bowl of #27 in my "new Orlick Royal Sovereign bent bulldog. Will be mowing before the rain today :p

Good stuff, Muddler ! :cheers:

Say "Hi" to Piet when you see him 8)

:face:

Resting the new Todd Harris, so I'm about to step outside with some Blackwoods Flake in a Bjarne Freehand.

Luxury Navy Flake in an IMP Meer apple -- a good combo!

MacB Original Choice in a no-name Danish. Every so often an aro works for me.
:roll: Not too often, though!

McBaren HH Highland Blend in my Claude Romaine pot especially tasty with Johnnie Walker Red on the side. Livin' large this afternoon and mighty happy.

Finished my lawns so am gonna sit down with a fresh cuppa and a nice bowl of sweet, Blackwoods Flake in a 720-L Edwards bent bulldog, a nice ring grain tanshell type finish ( though it's a nice black/brown now after 30+ years smoking it :p ) On a straight Va kick today :bom:

An ultra-smooth Cavendish called "Black Irish" in a Yello-Bole Spartan. Doesnt get much better than this!

Engine 99 in a big Ser Jacopo bent. Today merited some serious mood adjustment. Some Makers Mark is helping.

Nording's Labrador in a Savinelli Rock Briar. One of the best tasting tobacco's I've tried!

Dunhill Flake, in an Il Duca morta bulldog.
Earl Grey on the side.

Sutliff Man's Best Friend in a Missouri Meerschaum faux wood finish

meh.......

Now my Kusmi PRINCE VLADIMIR is making it all better.

Status
Not open for further replies.