What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Penzance in an Ascorti bulldog.
Talisker 10 yr old on the side.
Goodnight all!

Heading out to cut down a couple big trees with friends.. Dan's Blue Note in a IRC Dijon Volcano...

Getting early start so an easy prep bowl of Virginia Woods in a GBD Century Pot this morning.

Indulged myself with a little of Boswells Cherry Smash last night.

Samuel Gawith Balkan Flake in a no name oom paul/Pipeman1947 :pirate: :pirate:

Tree cutting day over with.. Some cold beer now.. Watching the sun get lower.. Black House and Lancer's Slices during tree cutting with a Wally Frank Chubby Rhodesian.. and a Dimonte Italian.. Heading out soon with a bowl of Wessex English Mixture in a Hand Carved Coffee Cup Pipe.. Chill Time..

Watching the sun set with some Balkan Flake and Bell's Porter.

velveteagle":hor0mr53 said:
Hey George might that be Julie ? if so she is a really nice person. I am bad at age things but I think she went to school with my Sisters.. I remember her well.. Beautiful..
Nope. Her name's Elizabeth. Nice girl, just turning 30, new baby on the way.

Tried some great new pipe weeds recently that were gifted to me along with a recent trade. All were unknown to me until now-

Six Virginias - a house blend from a place in Greensboro, NC called Pipe and Pint. This is a most agreeable VA blend, fully rubbed out and ready to pack. Great balance, non-bitey, burns well. Could be an all-day 'baccy. Need to see if I can get some more in.

LA Red - this is a P&C blend from Russ Ouellette and as I happen to love red 'ginnys this runs the bases. What a fine pipe weed!

Sammy G's Best Brown that had 15% perique added by the kind individual who sent it to me. While I'm familiar enough with the standard BB flake, this adds a nice subtle layer of complexity. And it's fully rubbed out and ready to pack. Looks like I'll have to try this out myself when I run out of the amount he provided.

Valle Crucis - This is totally amazing! If you've ever had GLP Haddo's Delight you'll recognize the pouch aroma of this immediately - only it seems like it's an amped up version both in aroma and flavor. Here's what the pipe brother had to say about it-

Cornell and Diehl (C&D) is located out in western North Carolina near where I ride a lot. I'm sure you know who Greg Pease (GP) is. GP may be located in California, but C&D is who Pease contracts with to actually blend, package, and ship all his tobaccos. Two Friends is a small lineup of tobacco blends that GP and Craig Tarler (of C&D) collaborated on. I frankly bought Valle Crucis because it was named after a little town in the mountains not far from where my daughter went to school, has a really neat old (over 100 years old) general store (look up Mast's General store), and I rode through there a lot when daughter was in school. Plus, the idea of using ginger in a tobacco intrigued me.

Hmmmm, can't say I taste the ginger but there again I've only had a bowl or two so far. This is a full flavored 'baccy though!

Frog Morton On The Town - Oddly enough, until just recently I'd never tried any of the Frog Morton series. Guess I figured that since I normally avoid blends that have large amounts of Latakia I wouldn't like these.

Looks like I'm wrong on this one at least. I find the Orientals are much more prominent than the Lat component, which suits me just fine. It's now become a favorite late afternoon pipe with a good book. In some ways it reminds me of Esoterica Margate, which is also an occasional foray into Lat-land.

Also received an aro (MacBaren's Vanilla Cream) that I have yet to get to. I'm normally not much on aros, but will give this a try with an open mind. This is a VA flake with a vanilla top dressing, and I do have to say that the pouch aroma is more VA than vanilla. Of course I'll use a pipe that doesn't get used for the mainstream stuff in case of the dreaded ghosting!

Beyond that, have developed a real taste for C&D Old Joe Krantz. Had a sample of this from someone recently and really like it. And there's several other Burley blends that I've gravitated towards as well.

So my tastes are all over the map, but still normally reach for Va/VaPers. In fact just had a most excellent pipeload of C&D Bayou Morning a little while ago in my Pete Sherlock Holmes Mycroft Dublin I got from the long lamented and missed TB in Issaquah, WA back over 10 yrs ago. I see that this same pipe is now going for about twice what I paid for mine back then. Be that as it may.....

pipe_dog.gif

Cheers,

RR

P&W Vermont Maple Cavendish, for my money the best maple-flavored tobacco on the market, in a Savinelli. Seriously, Carole does a wonderful job with this tobacco.

Smokey

Pushing back the morning chill with Frog Morton and fresh coffee.

My Body is recovering from a long day of tree cutting and hauling.. Looks like rain and warmer temps for us George.. Heading outside to listen to the birds and smoke a bowl of Dan's Blue Note in a Dr. Grabow Riviera Canadian.. Good old Aro pipe..

Just came inside after staring my morning with some Bright CR Flake in my stannie 63M and a mug of coffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.