What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
...this evening, another bowl of the Lane version of Paladin...this has intrigued me for the past several days...I normally do not smoke highly flavored burley's...or burley blends...The old Pinkerton version was such a strong, fairly hot burning tobacco, a few bowls every couple of years was all I could take...However, this Lane version is quite good and keeps calling me back. While it is still sweet and flavored...I don't find it in the same league tastewise as the older version...and while it won't make my top 15 tobaccos in rotation it will be a mixture I will definitely keep around... :cheers:

Pipe of choice this evening is a Dunhill HT Collector shell XL pot...

“HEAR ME, MY CHIEFS. I AM TIRED. MY HEART IS SICK AND SAD. FROM WHERE THE SUN NOW STANDS, I WILL FIGHT NO MORE FOREVER.”
SURRENDER SPEECH BY CHIEF JOSEPH OF THE NEZ PERCE

Time for dessert !

McClelland / P&C's Lazy Day, in my aro briar.

Orlik Golden Sliced mixed with 25% C&D Izmir in a Barontini canadian tonight.

Carter Hall mixed with Stokkebye Black Cav. Really mellow and the two compliment one another nicely. Little Thursday night bourbon, some Buffalo Trace on the side.

Pease Triple Play in my ugly Kaiser carved POS

Since last I typed: Louisiana Red in an egg shaped medium bend smooth Burgundy colored Caminetto with a cross. Letters around the cross from left to right at the top are 3 and 5. Bottom left to right 3 and 01. Wish I knew what the markings represented. Then it was the current Three Nuns tinned version in a 1980 etched Peterson Premiere medium bend. And I'm finishing the night/morning with Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a tan etched 2001 Rinaldo Sahara 2 slight bend with a bowl that looks like a fish's head.

...this morning, an early bowl of Revor Plug in a Stanwell modified Dublin Horn...Current bowl, Condor Long Cut in a
Caminetto smooth Billiard...

url=https://servimg.com/view/17600532/172]
my_cam11.jpg
[/url]

“Pipe smoking is not a habit…but a way of life”…PeterD

Maltese Falcon from 08 in my Pete.
KV smoking the same but in his straight stem briar.

Red Paramour in Stanwell. The last bit of baccy is not going to last very long!

Started off with Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a tan etched 2001 Rinaldo Sahara 2. Then it was Anniversary Kake in a smooth 1981 Century full bend pipe, followed by the current Three Nuns tinned version in a medium bent straight grain Ardor Venere Extra signed by Dorelio Rovera. And now I'm getting a bowlful in before dinner of Dark Flake in a smooth Fero Danese Italy small calabash shape.

McClelland Blue Mountain in my Erik Karl. They were meant for each other :D

Just finished a bowl of Blackwoods Flake in one of my Edward's 713-L Apples. This is getting to be one of my fav flakes made by anybody !! :p

...this evening, a bowl of Skandinavik Full Aroma in a Parker bent blast billiard...fine combo, I think... :cheers:

“My Passions are my children/grandkids, my religion, my music, my pipes & tobaccos…”
PeterD

Rattray's Marlin Flake in my recently acquired Commodore Dublin, paired with a Uinta Punk'n Ale. Many thanks, brothers, this Marlin is worthy of the name--big, fierce, and noble! The Commodore is giant though, and with an open draw, so may repurpose it for Syrian Lat blends, or some other, milder smoke--I could see myself getting into trouble otherwise...

Sherlock Holmes in a big Don Carlos 2 Note.

Not an in your face flavor baccy, but it is mild - just what I wanted tonight. That said, this wil be my only tin. Glad it was a freebie!

Status
Not open for further replies.