What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
...Winding down with Bali Shag earlier, now St. Bruno in a Cooper rustic Canadian... :cheers:

...before bed, Wills Three Castles... :cheers:

With my pipe in long repose
Gently I my thoughts compose
the peace I find with briar in hand
only the few, and noble understand

A 50/50 mix of Marble Kake and Night Train ... Marble Train ? ... in a cob.

Hot bath and then my nightly bowl of C&D Autumn Evening, possibly out of my basket bull dog or maybe out of my bent Savinelli Natural Apple/Lucite stem

It has been yet another frustrating day, I damaged one of my pipes right after getting the stem shiny black, had to order some parts but at least its repairable.

This is where I say goodnight even though I haven’t really been posting much, so...

Good night BoB :sleep: Sleep tight don't let the bed bugs bight. :sleep:

Three Friars in a smooth briar calabash shaped Butz-Choquin Maitre Pipier JR Fait Main with a horn ferrule.

10 year old Cumberland in a Boswell Billiard. Makers Mark on the side.

Of late I have been enjoying a fine selection of tobaccos from L&P Black Ribbon to Sturman's Highland Whiskey in a variety of my favorite pipes.

Really, I am just glad that my pipes have become a regular companion to me again, that I have found a way to bring them into my new routine.

Finished Dorchester in my old reliable 1980's smooth Peterson Kildare 999 Rhodesian, and am halfway through my last smoke of the night/morning, which is Amphora Red in a Peterson 314 Full Bend Sandblast system pipe.

Jack Lee's Honey Malt in a Pete 221. Nice fresh coffee on the side......lovely relaxing start to the day.

Fraternally

Jers

...early AM, McC Christmas Cheer (1996), followed by Bali Shag, now on to Painter Hills in a group 4 Dunhill Lovat... :cheers:

“Pipe smoking is not a habit…but a way of life”… PeterD

Dorchester in a slight bent late 1970's Caminetto 103 Business KS.

Condor Long Cut (flake) in a Pete 221.

Fraternally

Jers

1st try of Majestic English in a mini churchwarden

edit: although only a first try, I was really impressed by this Altadis bulk -- the VA & Orientals are in nice balance, the Latakia just a very bit player (but I like that). I've had it 5 months, but was not close to being too dry; it burned perfectly. We'll see how it goes for the rest of the 1 ounce sample. Anyone looking for a mild all-day English might want to give this a try. Avoid if looking for a big N or latakia hit

I just finished my coffee and G&H Dark Birdseye in an old Barling straight Exel 249 Fossil T.V.F. Just lit up Anniversary Kake in a 1979 Chippendale (Charatan second) Rhodesian 49.

Some 1-Q in my Savinelli Baronet Bruyere with a cool (not cold) bottle of Newcastle brown ale. A little later tonight I plan on smoking the same thing while sipping on a couple fingers of Glenfiddich single malt scotch that my wife just got me for my birthday.

Kim

Trying something that I thought of the other day. Doing a half flake of Orlik Golden Sliced and half flake of PS Luxury Navy Flake. Pretty good so far and will still enjoy them on their own but thought this might be a nice change of pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.