What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier, it was McClelland East Carolina Ribbon in a smooth straight late 1970s Tinderbox Selected Grecian Briar Dublin. Now, it's 1970s Edgeworth Ready Rubbed in a very much appreciated 1979 brown, slight bend grain etched flat front Stanwell Dego (or Rego) 969-48 (09).

1/2 Toscano Antica riserva cigar and a glass of Bowmore single malt 8 years old.

p_39910.jpg
[/url][/img]

Current tinned version of Three Nuns in a straight black sandblast 2 star Ferndown Bark Prince with a Cumberland stem.

No way I can keep up with Jim, I am a one bowl a day piper but today in Jim's honor I will load a 2nd bowl with Denglers Vintage Virginia...

Frog Morton's Cellar in a Signature Series Altinok meerschaum...
IMG_0511_zps8af7c8a7-1_zps24956d14.jpg

...a very relaxed Christmas Day...watched my youngest open gifts and watched them play with their toys as I smoked several fine bowls of my favorites...Cob Plug...Kendal Gold...D&R Three Sails...Wills Three Castles and am ending up the evening with Condor Long Cut in a 2000 Dunhill shell Millennium straight billiard... :santa:

"To light is human; to puff, divine"

Leyte":w4lnfzs5 said:
No way I can keep up with Jim, I am a one bowl a day piper but today in Jim's honor I will load a 2nd bowl with Denglers Vintage Virginia...
I smoked a bowl of Old Companion in a slight bend 1984 Stanwell Antique 124 grain etched with a smooth front. Since Leyte honored me with a smoke, I am returning the honor with John Patton's Virginia Squire in a 1979 pebble relief Verona Corallo 3080 natural Oom Paul.

Kramer's "Father Dempsey" in an old Charatan second bent pot. The tobacco was Cecil B. deMille's favorite, according to the website. Pretty decent English. Will buy again, though I prefer another of theirs.

Louisiana Red in a really big 2002 three quarter bend paneled light brown rusticated Ardor Urano Fatta A Mano sitter.

Sugar Barrel in a 2012 Rekamepip made Sugar Barrel pipe.

Gauntleys Spiced Turk in a Todd Harris Sandblast Dublin. :cheers:

Fraternally

Jers

Time to fire up my new Strambach bent large billiard Meerschaum (a great gift from my brother). Loaded with Mac Baren Seven Seas Regular.

Fraternally

Jers

I was digging though a pile of stuff looking for something and found this open tin of Tudor Castle from 2007. Loaded up the Morta bulldog and had a go. Moisture is now perfect for me. Wonderful incense-like smoke. Blends like this are why McClelland has always been renown for their Virginia blends.

Starting off the day with the current Three Nuns tinned version in the first pipe Trever Talbot made when he went to France many years ago. It's a smooth straight Algerian briar Billiard bowl with a long Canadian stem, unbranded.

Status
Not open for further replies.