What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
FVF in a Viprati smooth lovat.
This is definitely the sweetest briar in my pipe rack.

Bentley Orange Oriental Type in a Stanwell Featherweight aka "The Button-Pipe"

Current Three Nuns tinned version in a 2003 horn Meer.

PH Curly this morning, in an Ashton billiard. Getting ready for my last shift of 2012

In the depths of the Cornish woods, down a trail known only to a few, lies the ruins of castle Penhallam. Built in the 11th century by a brutal local noble family, the De Cardinhams, Penhallam was used as a bastion of power and privilege to control the local port towns along the Cornish coast. Abandoned for unknown reasons in the fourteenth century, it quickly fell to ruin, and was gradually stripped of its once proud walls down to the foundations, stone by stone. Then it was forgotten for seven hundred years. In 1960, workers of the forestry commission stumbled across the foundation walls while surveying the area, and archaeologists quickly excavated the castle and declared the ruins as a protected national heritage site. Now, with its moat restored and its drawbridge replaced, it lies empty and alone, untroubled by tourists in the centre of the forest, a ghostly reminder of what once was.

It was here that I walked at dusk with my faithful hound, sat by a stream, smoked a bowl of Bagpipers dream in a MM corncob artisan freehand, and pondered the futility of man's endeavours.

dscf0829li.jpg

dscf0839g.jpg

Just thought I'd spice my entry up a bit ;)

Edit: The Bagpipers dream was a gift from a very kind Brother, and I was bombed with the cobb, the lighter, the tamper and the bag that I carried them all there with. This is a good place to be!

Yesterday while finishing up my first pipe with my bud, had a bowl of C&D Constellation, some Peterson's 2011 Holiday Blend, but the highlight of the day was cracking open this beauty:
3nuns.jpg

I really didn't want to like it since it's a pain to get a hold of, but there was no fighting it, lol! So anyone else found any readily available blends that come close to the 3 lovely Sisters?

Here's my first attempt at making a pipe:

After first rough shaping:
firstpipe-001.jpg

Second rough shaping:
firstpipe-002.jpg

firstpipe-003.jpg

After more shaping and bending the stem:
firstpipe-004.jpg

firstpipe-005.jpg

And the final product:
firstpipe-006.jpg

firstpipe-007.jpg

firstpipe-008.jpg

Definitely no masterpiece, but it can only get better from here right? :) I'm signed up for the 2013 CPCC Pipe Show pipe making workshop, and I can't wait!

You've done a superb job bringing out the grain on that one, I really like the finish. Excellent work!

SG Navy Flake in my (Secret Santa's) Tao & Ilsted Bent Bulldog
IMG-20121221-00061.jpg

...current smoke...G&H Kendal Dark in a Savinelli Hercules Canadian... :rendeer:

url=https://servimg.com/view/17600532/358]
sav_he13.jpg
[/url]

...up next...Wills Three Castles....

“There’s no sweeter tobacco comes from Virginia & no better brand than Three Caftles (Castles)” WM Thackeray-quote inscribed on The Three Caftles Tobacco tin of WD & WO Wills,
Bristol & London

Another bowl of Orlik Golden Sliced in one of my Charatan Special Pots

CharatanSpecialpotwtaperedstem.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.