What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Euphoria (Amphora Red Match) in the very first pipe I ever bought ($2.95) in 1974; a smooth three quarter bend Dr. Grabow Omega.

...early AM...PA in a P&T 2005 POY L'Antra blast Lovat... :cheers: 

...up next...PS Virginia #701... :cheers:

4noggins Prairie Wind in a Sydney P Ram Canadian

Pine Hills in the third pipe I ever bought ($1.95), a 1974 smooth straight French briar Hadley Apple.

Starting the day with some ketchup, some McC's FM 2000 in a Charatan Special Pot. mmmmmm Hienz 57  :twisted: :twisted: 

Boswell's Dan's Blend, in a Savinelli Bing's Favorite this morning.

Just finished smoking Mid-1920s Half and Half in a tan etched medium bend 2001 Rinaldo Sahara 2 Acorn round at the shank, pointy at the opposite top. Next will be Jim's Working Blend in a smooth 1976 Canadian GBD Seventy Six 256.

mid 1920's half and half??? That must be interesting........half and half was a go-to drugstore blend for me 20 years ago - tried it recently and thought it tasted very different - unique, but turned me off big time, to where PA or CH are way ahead....is there a big difference in that tabac, especially from the 20's..?

and....Edgeworth RR Match in an MM Diplomat - enjoying some sun outside for a change!

Now smoking Stonehaven in a straight sandblasted pre-transition Barling Exel 249 Fossil T.V.F. black billiard with a silver band and military bit. I used to smoke SJF in this pipe and when I ran out of it, switched to Stonehaven. I've been thinking about going back to SJF, but why mess with something that's working so well? Wish I could afford another pre-transition Barling.

Canicus61":5tkx02ta said:
mid 1920's half and half??? That must be interesting........half and half was a go-to drugstore blend for me 20 years ago - tried it recently and thought it tasted very different - unique, but turned me off big time, to where PA or CH are way ahead....is there a big difference in that tabac, especially from the 20's..?
There is similarity, but the old stuff has no PG and gives more of the taste it's untended to have. I like it. I'm not overly crazy about H&H in it's present incarnation. It's okay, and if I was somewhere and offered a bowl, I'd smoke it, but I wouldn't buy it.

Haunted Bookshop in a Maestro de Paja Brugo bent egg.

Rekamepip's January Blend in a 2002 Ser Jacopo Delecta Fatta A Mano R1 sandblast Rhodesian with a smooth extension at the shank.

4noggins Prairie Wind in a Sydney P Ram billiard

Now smoking St. James Flake in a small slight bend black sandblast 2000 D.R. Ardor Urano Ninfea Fatta A Mano author with a silver spigot military bit. Enjoying a really great day here.

Status
Not open for further replies.