What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in no hurry to leave this afternoon as I knew the complex guys would be working on my ac at some point, so I had an early afternoon stroll around campus with my first try of Peterson Irish Flake in an MM Legend. 1st impressions, pretty straightforward and pleasant, not quite as strong N as some of the reviews might lead one to believe (not that I'd try it in one of my larger bowls, the Legend was about right).

When I got to the apt, they hadn't gotten to it yet, so I had a mixed bowl -- about 80% Irish Flake and 20% Ennerdale layered in, in a Falcon bulldog. That combo was pretty tasty.

BTW, the AC is now working, thank goodness!

St. James Flake in a small slight bend black sandblast 2000 D.R. Ardor Urano Ninfea Fatta A Mano author with a silver spigot military bit.

DrT999":yg92xc1g said:
I was in no hurry to leave this afternoon as I knew the complex guys would be working on my ac at some point, so I had an early afternoon stroll around campus with my first try of Peterson Irish Flake in an MM Legend.
I'm envious that you are allowed to smoke on campus. We've been smoke-free for a couple of years now. Enjoy that Irish Flake.

Currently smoking Five Brothers in a Mr. Brog no. 43 Kentucky pear wood pipe.

PH Curly Cut in a 1982 smooth straight Dunhill Root Briar 31051.

Just got in the new Sutliff Private Stock blends and will be smoking and reviewing them.

Smoker's Haven In-b-tween mixture a Growley half blasted natural rhodie. Earl grey on the side.

Sutliff PS County Cork in a smooth straight late 1970s Tinderbox Selected Grecian Briar Dublin.

Autumn Evening in a rusticated Peterson Sherlock Holmes Deerstalker.

Sutliff PS Old San Francisco in a 1975 full bend black Dunhill Shell 52021.

...final pipe of the day... Altadis Sweet Virginia in a commissioned Cooper smooth Dublin/Canadian... :cheers: 

Sutliff PS Breckinridge in my old reliable 1986 smooth Peterson Kildare 999 Rhodesian.

Sutliff PS Lord of the Manor in a black pebble finish straight 2003 Cavicchi C. Fatto A Mano lovat.

Sutliff PS Court of St. James in a small 1970s smooth three quarter bend Danish Sovereign XXX 324 sitter.

Listing this a couple of minutes early: Sutliff PS Taste of Spring in a 2003 IMP horn Meer.

fsu92john":z6t91v9e said:
DrT999":z6t91v9e said:
I was in no hurry to leave this afternoon as I knew the complex guys would be working on my ac at some point, so I had an early afternoon stroll around campus with my first try of Peterson Irish Flake in an MM Legend.
I'm envious that you are allowed to smoke on campus. We've been smoke-free for a couple of years now. Enjoy that Irish Flake.

I'm sure they'll get around to it; starting July 1 no smoking in dorms or in state vehicles.

Off to enjoy it while I can, with Prince Albert in a Sasieni Volcano

fsu92john wrote:DrT999 wrote:I was in no hurry to leave this afternoon as I knew the complex guys would be working on my ac at some point, so I had an early afternoon stroll around campus with my first try of Peterson Irish Flake in an MM Legend.

...Many years ago when I was attending college I was able to enjoy my pipe in any classroom, and anywhere else...More than half of my professors smoked a pipe as well and I rather enjoyed the banter between ourselves...Great times I think!

...early AM...Drum Halfzware shag...now, Compton's Balkan in a Brebbia Tre Dublin... :cheers: 

...up next SWR... :cheers:

Heine's Blend in a 1981 smooth full bend Mauro Series Two 315 p-lip that copies the Peterson system.

Sutliff PS Court of St. James in a 2003 straight grain Karl Erik Ekstravagant A medium bend freehand sitter. I'm liking this VaPer.

Smokers' Haven In-b-tween mixture in a Becker & Musico bent bulldog.

Almost finished smoking Dutch Masters Whiskey Cavendish in a 2013 slight bend grain etched briar Rekamepip Volcano with a walnut shank.

Status
Not open for further replies.