What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Puff Daddy":zfctd70m said:
Good thanksgiving morning to all! St James flake in a Viprati billiard
Outstanding pipe !!!!,,,really like that stem,,,,

C&D Autumn Evening in a Baki canadian meer

Waking to a bowl of '04 Odyssey in a Tinsky blast Pipes and Tobaccos, and a cupa.

Buddy

mark":i4uyje20 said:
really like that stem
Thanks! It's horn, pretty interesting actually.

Last night Tin Man and I enjoyed some 8 year old F&T Cut Va Plug that he cracked open for the occasion (!!) followed by some Conniston cut plug unscented. Weather was extremely nice here thanksgiving, in the 60's until sundown.

This morning it's Hamborger Veermaster in a Reg'd Stanwell Flame Grain saddle billiard

No, tastes and feels like a vulcanite stem to me. The one concern I had that was addressed by LL (thankfully!) is to keep it very dry as it's a natural material and more susceptible to decay than a rubber or plastic stem would be. I always hold the pipe in my hand and keep a cleaner handy so no moisture is allowed to sit in there too long, and it gets dried immediately after smoking. Smokes wonderfully :D

Puff Daddy":iwxwubdo said:
The one concern I had that was addressed by LL (thankfully!) is to keep it very dry as it's a natural material and more susceptible to decay than a rubber or plastic stem would be. :D
That's why I was asking. I have heard it could be a problem but it sure is pretty. Having a fancy or bone and stag handle pocket knives makes it very attractive.

Of course you can have the same problem with any pipe if it is not cleaned properly. You are doing the right thing by cleaning it thoroughly after every smoke to make sure that it stays dry.

Enjoying a bowl of Walnut in a Brissett rusticated bent dublin. I am amazed with this pipe everytime I smoke it!

Good Morning All,

Anni Kake in a Savinelli.

Cool and might actually snow tonight.

:) Paul

Afternoon All, Haven't been smoking too much, have a cold, Condor RR from Eric[SHPC president], '06, in my Brissett 20th Ann. Calabash, Ken :tongue:
Pacem en Puffing! :tongue: From The Northeast Kingdom! :tongue:

Getting ready to have a bowl of Best Brown Flake from S&G in a Tinsky Christmas pipe from a couple years ag. Taking a break from the mixes with Brown rope in it.. I am looking forward to this one, its the second bowl in the last two weeks . As soon as I get some of the open stuff smoked I can open some tins for awhile. Its good to change once in a while :affraid:

Embarcadero in an old-time Parker "Straightgrain A" billiard that LL made an ideal replacement stem for to save further wear on the original from use.

10.0 :cheers:

:face:

Exhausted Rooster in a Rad Davis poker. Last night it was Davidoff Flake Medallions in a Wolfgang bent billiard.

Gett'n ready to head to the farm to cook shoulders. I am trying to decide right now which pipes to load and carry. Kaywoodies, Brissetts, Stanwell.........maybe a Rinaldo......smoking Walnut in a couple of the above through out the day.

Good Morning All,

Marlin Flake in a Dunhill canadian.

No snow and it's the end of November.

:D Paul

Morning, gents. Back home from the holidays. Out in CT, I alternated between Carter Hall in a BC bulldog and Walnut in a basket pot.

Now, some ERR'd in an LL Bean bent. In all, a good weekend for classic American burlies.

Status
Not open for further replies.