What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Peter Heinrich's Burley & Bright in a Savinelli Baronet EX Prince.

Had an early physical therapy appointment this morning so I'm just now having my morning smoke, Wessex Brigade Campaign Dark Flake in a Tinsky Black and Tan bent rhodesian.

From toaday's Writers Almanac:

It was on this day in 1825 that the writer Alexandre Dumas fought his first duel. He was 23 years old, and he had gotten into a fight with a soldier over a game of billiards. They had a duel with swords. Not only did Alexandre Dumas lose the duel, but his pants fell off in the middle of it.

But 20 years later, he became famous as the author of The Three Musketeers (1844) and The Count of Monte Cristo (1845).

P,

I heard that in the middle of writing The Three Musketeers Dumas pants fell off as well, but that's a whole other story...

For the evening commute home, my Tinsky Author with S.G. & Co. Full Va Flake.
:pipe: on Brothers.

Great Writer's Almanac PD!

Mid-day smoke of PA in a Kaywoodie Elegante chub billiard and then a late afternoon visit to the local B&M to sit with a bowl of Walnut in a Kaywoodie POY dublin to discuss politics and the economy.

A bowl of G&H Dark Plug (thanks to a friend at the local pipe club) in a Castello Sea Rock Prince 8) This is some serious, serious tobacco
:shock: It's extremely good, dark and earthy without tasting overly powerful, but it is some punch packin stuff :!: Best ye be sittin when ye smokes it :bounce:

Old timey Peterson Supreme (stright grain) Apple. Cube-cut (with scissors) FVF.

Gravity fill. No tapping to settle. No tamping.

:cheers: Yum :cheers:

:face:

Puff Daddy":ouy4ekw6 said:
A bowl of G&H Dark Plug (thanks to a friend at the local pipe club) in a Castello Sea Rock Prince 8) This is some serious, serious tobacco
:shock: It's extremely good, dark and earthy without tasting overly powerful, but it is some punch packin stuff :!: Best ye be sittin when ye smokes it :bounce:
PD, I call Dark Plug "Yankee killer" :lol: Brother Ken keeps me stocked up for games between the Bosox and Yankees :lol:

Good Morning All,

Marlin Flake in a Dunhill canadian.

-6 c and overcast.

:) Paul

So far this morning, 2 bowls of Walnut in a Kaywoodie Shellcraft bent billiard and a Kaywoodie Elegante bent dublin.

C&D #968A Orient Express in a Peterson 314 system..

Supposed to be a Virginia pipe, and I'll probably hate me for it later, but its in the teens here in Iowa and I'm standing on ice... Can there be a better time for Latakia and other Oriental weeds?????

Up at 2:30 this morning (damned pain meds! :x ). Lit a bowl of Astley's 109 in a 1977 Dunhill 51033 Root billiard that I fussed and frittered with, only finishing it a short while ago.

From todays Writers Almanac:

Today is Epiphany, the 12th day of Christmas. It celebrates the day when the three Magi visited Jesus and gave him the gifts of frankincense, myrrh, and gold.

Christmas Eve begins the 12 days of Christmas, so January 5th, the eve of Epiphany, is called Twelfth Night. William Shakespeare wrote a play for the festivities in 1602, which is why it is called Twelfth Night.

James Joyce's famous short story "The Dead" is set at a party for the Feast of the Epiphany. The story ends: "His soul swooned slowly as he heard the snow falling faintly through the universe and faintly falling, like the descent of their last end, upon all the living and the dead."

It's the birthday of Edgar Lawrence Doctorow, E.L. Doctorow, born in New York City in 1931. He said, "Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia."

It's the birthday of St. Joan of Arc, born on this day in Domrémy, France (1412). Her parents were peasants. She never learned to read or write, but she loved church, loved to go sit and pray. And when she was 13, she heard the voices of saints, telling her to go and help defend France against the British.

-------
Suite à un grand nombre de réponses, ce sujet a été automatiquement divisé. Vous pouvez retrouver la suite de ce sujet ici :
http://brothersofbriar.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=3647

Status
Not open for further replies.