What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
tea at this desk, '06 PlantationEvening in Brebbia Jubilee 1997 blast calabash in smoking room.

Ed Duncan, Batavia, NY

Time for a relatively short smoke: Angler's Dream in a medium bend 2002 MM Legend cob.

It's 16:45 CST and cold and raining so time for some pre-dinner Balkan, Royal Blend in one of Brother Kirk's masterpieces the straight grained bent Pot w. plataeu rim!!

I just got my goodies delivered...

So im trying my first English tobacco, Dunhill Nightcap in my MM maple pipe with a slightly bent stem.

When I opened the bag, the aroma was pretty strong, and quite different from anything I've smelled before. I'm not sure if I like it yet. But smoked, it was a lot better. I enjoyed the smell of the smoke, and the taste.... but when I was done, my mouth had notes from that strong smell.

I'm not sure if the smell is the Latakia or the Perique.

Watch City Deep Elem in a 2003 Ural full bend egg shaped Lattice meer.

0ldManJenkins":9chn0hmh said:
I just got my goodies delivered...

So im trying my first English tobacco,  Dunhill Nightcap in my MM maple pipe with a slightly bent stem.  

When I opened the bag, the aroma was pretty strong, and quite different from anything I've smelled before.  I'm not sure if I like it yet.  But smoked, it was a lot better. I enjoyed the smell of the smoke, and the taste.... but when I was done, my mouth had notes from that strong smell.

I'm not sure if the smell is the Latakia or the Perique.  
Without a doubt, it's Latakia.

Cheers,

RR

Just finished smoking MacBaren Virginia #1 in a late '90s half smooth/half etched freehand sitter, medium bend Nielsen Viggo. Next is the best durn tobacco made today: Strang in a 1999 medium bend black sandblast Savinelli Tris 677KS apple with a cumberland stem.

Its 21:38 CST and having some after dinner Lady 'N', a bowl of Royal Yacht in an A, Garfinkel straight apple I got back in the early '70s when I worked up in D.C. :twisted: :twisted:

...final pipe of the day...PS Turkish #84 in a Larsen blast Canadian... :cheers:

The last of my stash of GQ Balkan Full in a full bend black pebble finish 2001 Rinaldo Lithos YY8 Titania Silver Line egg.

Just enjoyed some Frog Mortons Across The Pond in a Butz Jumbo paired with some Bulleit Bourbon.

HU Scotney in a 1970s smooth straight rough top Charatan's Make (Lane) Perfection Deluxe Extra Large. I've enough left for one more bowl.

Almost half way through this bowl of Sutliff Golden Age in a 1982 smooth straight Dunhill Root Briar 31051.

Just finished smoking Jim's Evolving Work Blend in a smooth 1976 Canadian GBD Seventy Six 256. Next is Chatham Manor in a 1979 straight smooth Dr. Grabow Grand Duke 45 pot.

It's 04:14 CST and getting a snowy start to the day with a bowl of FM 2000 in a BBB "Own Make" Warwick blasted Pot!! Chicory coffee 'N' Awlins style on the side !! :twisted: :twisted:

...early AM...PA...now, SWR in a '66 Dunhill gp. 4 shell billiard... :cheers:

...up next...Half & Half... :cheers:

Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1982 black sandblasted paneled slight bend Savinelli flat bottom sitter. Simply Orange is my drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.