What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Loading a bowl of Walnut in a Perry Mountain Laurel Poker. I don't know why Mountain Laurel hasn't caught on more as a regular choice for pipes.

Texas Outlaw":8u3g7vvj said:
Hello,
I normally don't get to smoke at work, but I was sent on an errand to fetch a bottle of water for the staff.

Filled up a cob with Tinderbox's Sherlock's Choice and took my time driving to and fro.

Life is good, my friends!

How do non-smokers enjoy their breaks? Chew gum?
How is the sherlocks choice? I have an affinity for things holmes.

Aaron":tru9l891 said:
Texas Outlaw":tru9l891 said:
Hello,
I normally don't get to smoke at work, but I was sent on an errand to fetch a bottle of water for the staff.

Filled up a cob with Tinderbox's Sherlock's Choice and took my time driving to and fro.

If I may- I believe Sherlocks choice is Lane HGL....Or so I have heard. It's a good blend......
I too am a great fan of ACD and all things Holmesian.....It always struck me that C&D Guilford Courthouse would have been a favortie. Not in the name, but in the Virginia Oriental mixture. Yale mix pressed is a very very close clone of the Craven mixture which would have been right for the time...Just my .02....
Smoking for Captain Bob in a Peterson Meer. First bowl of this and frankly it's fascinating in it's oddness. Much like Revvelation or Epiphany...Perhaps a bit less latakia....With a Grape topnote!!! Crazy- But VERY tasty..... :pirat:

Afternoon All, The last of my '03 Ennerdale Flake, in my Tim Hynick Freehand, Ken. :cry: :tongue:
Pacem en Puffing! :tongue: From The Northeast Kingdom! :tongue:

For my journey home today, I'll partake of some Stokkebye Navy Flake in my Bent Boswell.

I just finished off a bowl of maltese falcon, the blend that ushered me into the world of english tobacco, in a stanwell golden danish 186. It was like running into an old friend I hadn't seen in some time and having a nice long chat. I forgot how much I like this blend!

Aaron":wmo6z5qy said:
Texas Outlaw":wmo6z5qy said:
Hello,

I bought several Tinderbox blends to try out. I didn't like any of them. this one is close to palatable. The other forum claimed it was a copy of Stockebye's Proper English, but i can assure you, my friend, this is no Proper English which I buy pounds at a time.

What I do with blends I don't like is throw them in the car because when I'm desperate A tobacco is better than NO tobacco; it seems to have improved by sitting in the car. Actually I like it better in a cob than in briar.

I would skip this blend.

I've been breaking in a pair of B5 Petersons lately, a Killarney p-lip and a Rosslare fishtail. Just now, it's Marlin flake in the Rosslare.

Even' All, Exhausted Rooster '08 in my Ashton LX Paneled Billard I got From Dock, Ken. :tongue:
Pacem en Puffing! :tongue: From The Northeast Kingdom! :tongue:

Dan Tobacco Milonga in an Ardor Rhodesian,Hamboorger Veermaster on deck,
loaded in a Peterson. :D

Winslow :sunny:

Good Morning All,

McC 5120 in a Wolfgang.

-1c going up to +4c (possibility of rain)

:) Paul

PA in a Kaywoodie 13B relief grain. This pipe is still "getting there," but it's starting to work out its newness.

I won't be smoking today dammit! :x With the cool dry air and the increase of pollen I now have a damn sore throat! :x @#$%*&!!!

Hamboorger Veermaster in a Peterson while guarding my goods.

OnGuard-1.jpg
[/img]

Winslow :twisted:

Winslow":03pkdbre said:
Hamboorger Veermaster in a Peterson while guarding my goods.

OnGuard-1.jpg
[/img]

Winslow :twisted:
That is one GREAT picture Winslow!!!!

If I had a stash like that, I would Guard it well too!!!! Those are some nice Cellar Jars!

Smoking some Escudo in a KW Thorn Lovat.....

I haven't rotated a pipe in two days. Been smoking Walnut in my Kaywoodie ShellCraft saddle bit billiard for two says straight! Dang this is a fine smoker! I will have to rest it tomorrow.

A pleasant evening in Phila and the smoke of choice is C&D SafeHarbor in a bts Ehrlich pot. I hope that each of you is enjoying your late evening smoke, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.