What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Peretti's D-7485 in a Bermel System pipe that was gifted to me by a kind hearted pipesmoker. I've got two days off starting tomorrow and plan on getting some good smoking in. Oh, and Dock, if you're reading this, thanks for starting this fine forum.

Smokey

Uhle's Perfection Plug Burley in my Roush rusty "Fishermans" pipe

Bracing for a long day in the office with some GH Synjeco's Greenodd Rope in a Tinsky panel-shank bent billiard.

Buddy

Started the day early this morning with Walnut in the Radice blasted liverpool. I am going to have to give this pipe a rest after today. I don't usually smoke a pipe three days in a row but this is a superb smoker and I can't seem to put it down!

McB's Navy Flake in a very old Hardcasle Special Select. Why this wasn't a Dunhill I'll never know....

Good Morning All,

Stonehaven in a Dunhill shell briar billiard.

-8c going to a high of -1c

:) Paul

My ongoing physical therapy was kicked into a higher gear due to some sticking of the shoulder and the elevated pain had me up quite early this morning. I made the best of it by watching a couple of episodes of Sherlock Holmes from my DVD set and enjoyed a bowl of Hamborger Veermaster in an Ashton XXX Sovereign. Now on a bowl of same tobacco in the new Stnawell Featherweight.

It's the birthday of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, born in 1756 in Salzburg, which is now in Austria.

Mozart's father, Leopold, was one of Europe's leading music educators, and he took Mozart and his sister on tours throughout Europe. Young Mozart began composing original work at age five. During a trip to Italy, Mozart amazed his hosts when he listened only once to the performance of a Gregorio Allegri composition and then wrote it out from memory.

Mozart moved to Vienna in 1781, and in 1782 he married Constanze Weber. The couple had six children, but only two of them survived into adulthood. Mozart continued to compose music, and he wrote his famous opera The Marriage of Figaro (1786).

No one knows for sure why Mozart died at age 35. Many people speculate that he died of mercury poisoning while being treated for syphilis. Others think he died from eating badly cooked pork. Some insist that Mozart was murdered by his rival, Antonio Salieri. Mozart was buried in a mass grave because the country was battling an outbreak of bubonic plague, not because his family could not afford a proper burial.
Mozart said, "When I am, as it were, completely myself, entirely alone, and of good cheer — say traveling in a carriage, or walking after a good meal, or during the night when I cannot sleep — it is on such occasions that my ideas flow best, and most abundantly. Whence and how they come, I know not, nor can I force them."

It's the birthday of Lewis Carroll, born Charles Lutwidge Dodgson in Cheshire, England in 1832, the author of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (1865) and Through the Looking-Glass (1871).

He was a faculty member in mathematics at Oxford and a serious photographer. When he was 24 years old, a new dean arrived at Carroll's church and brought his three daughters: Lorina Charlotte, Edith, and Alice. Carroll befriended the girls and spent a lot of time with them. In July of 1862, floating in a rowboat on a pond, he came up with a story about a girl's adventures in a magical underground world, and he told it to the three sisters.

Many biographers have made out Carroll to be a shy, awkward recluse, but he was actually charming and sociable. He loved to host dinner parties, and he wrote about 97,000 letters in his lifetime.

Carroll never forgot the day he invented the story of Alice and her adventures. He remembered "the cloudless blue above, the watery mirror below, the boat drifting idly on its way, the tinkle of the drops that fell from the oars ... the three eager faces, hungry for news of fairy-land." Alice's Adventures in Wonderland was published in 1865, and it became one of the most popular children's books in the world.

http://writersalmanac.publicradio.org/

Puff Daddy":0v0j4yz6 said:
My ongoing physical therapy was kicked into a higher gear due to some sticking of the shoulder and the elevated pain had me up quite early this morning. I made the best of it by watching a couple of episodes of Sherlock Holmes from my DVD set and enjoyed a bowl of Hamborger Veermaster in an Ashton XXX Sovereign. Now on a bowl of same tobacco in the new Stnawell Featherweight.

It's the birthday of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, born in 1756 in Salzburg, which is now in Austria.

Mozart's father, Leopold, was one of Europe's leading music educators, and he took Mozart and his sister on tours throughout Europe. Young Mozart began composing original work at age five. During a trip to Italy, Mozart amazed his hosts when he listened only once to the performance of a Gregorio Allegri composition and then wrote it out from memory.

Mozart moved to Vienna in 1781, and in 1782 he married Constanze Weber. The couple had six children, but only two of them survived into adulthood. Mozart continued to compose music, and he wrote his famous opera The Marriage of Figaro (1786).

No one knows for sure why Mozart died at age 35. Many people speculate that he died of mercury poisoning while being treated for syphilis. Others think he died from eating badly cooked pork. Some insist that Mozart was murdered by his rival, Antonio Salieri. Mozart was buried in a mass grave because the country was battling an outbreak of bubonic plague, not because his family could not afford a proper burial.
Mozart said, "When I am, as it were, completely myself, entirely alone, and of good cheer — say traveling in a carriage, or walking after a good meal, or during the night when I cannot sleep — it is on such occasions that my ideas flow best, and most abundantly. Whence and how they come, I know not, nor can I force them."

It's the birthday of Lewis Carroll, born Charles Lutwidge Dodgson in Cheshire, England in 1832, the author of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (1865) and Through the Looking-Glass (1871).

He was a faculty member in mathematics at Oxford and a serious photographer. When he was 24 years old, a new dean arrived at Carroll's church and brought his three daughters: Lorina Charlotte, Edith, and Alice. Carroll befriended the girls and spent a lot of time with them. In July of 1862, floating in a rowboat on a pond, he came up with a story about a girl's adventures in a magical underground world, and he told it to the three sisters.

Many biographers have made out Carroll to be a shy, awkward recluse, but he was actually charming and sociable. He loved to host dinner parties, and he wrote about 97,000 letters in his lifetime.

Carroll never forgot the day he invented the story of Alice and her adventures. He remembered "the cloudless blue above, the watery mirror below, the boat drifting idly on its way, the tinkle of the drops that fell from the oars ... the three eager faces, hungry for news of fairy-land." Alice's Adventures in Wonderland was published in 1865, and it became one of the most popular children's books in the world.

http://writersalmanac.publicradio.org/

Rock Me Amadeus!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trOij8SPIAo

Nothing for another day!! Temps are frappin' cold (20F); we're in the second day of an ice storm. Sleet and rain pellets coming down steadily; just peachy!!!!!!! I truly envy those of you who are able to smoke inside! Brrrrrr!! FTRPLT

I was re-jarring some bulk blends into smaller canning jars and had some Deacons Downfall, Star of the East and Bufflehead Wood Duck (Scottish Cake) left over so I ended up making a little over two ounces of hodge podge. Tastes pretty good. All three had at least two years of age on them. Some more.

St. James Flk in an ancient Dunhill Shell billiard:
Me001-2.jpg

:lol: Dock, that pic looks like something out of a Hitchcock film - like The Birds :affraid:

"At that very moment Dock realized that there was something terribly wrong, the birds were coming to attack him!"

:penguin: :lol!: Hamborger Veermaster in a Dunhill 51033, coffee and Percocet on the side. After seeing Docks haunting image I should maybe double the dose :shock:

Mikem":slssea4c said:
I was re-jarring some bulk blends into smaller canning jars and had some Deacons Downfall, Star of the East and Bufflehead Wood Duck (Scottish Cake) left over so I ended up making a little over two ounces of hodge podge. Tastes pretty good. All three had at least two years of age on them. Some more.

You are going to make me dig in the cellar for my Bufflehead's! Wood Duck was one of the finest.

Puff Daddy":lsly0id2 said:
:lol: Dock, that pic looks like something out of a Hitchcock film - like The Birds :affraid:

"At that very moment Dock realized that there was something terribly wrong, the birds were coming to attack him!"

:penguin: :lol!: Hamborger Veermaster in a Dunhill 51033, coffee and Percocet on the side. After seeing Docks haunting image I should maybe double the dose :shock:

It's very John Crosbyish. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.