What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From work:
Uhle's Old Shoe in my Kurt Huhn Volcano

Dunhill Deluxe Navy rolls from 04, smoking to bliss in my Eltang bent brandy.

Blue Note in the new Stanwell 252 Royal Guard.

Today is "the day the music died," the day in 1959 when Buddy Holly was killed in a plane crash in Clear Lake, Iowa, along with Ritchie Valens (who sang "La Bamba") and J.P. Richardson (known as "The Big Bopper"). Buddy Holly's career as a rock star only lasted a year and a half, but he recorded "Peggy Sue," "Everyday," "That'll Be the Day," "Oh, Boy!" and many more hits. Buddy Holly was 22 years old when he died.

It's the birthday of Gertrude Stein, born in Allegheny, Pennsylvania (1874). She dropped out of medical school and moved to Paris with her brother Leo. They started collecting art together, and a group of artists — including Henri Matisse and Pablo Picasso — gathered every Saturday evening at the Steins' home to discuss art and ideas.

Gertrude Stein became friends with Picasso while he was experimenting with Cubism, attempting to depict objects from multiple angles at the same time. So Gertrude Stein decided to do the same thing with language, and she created a style of repeating words and phrases to highlight the sounds of words instead of their meaning. She said, "Nature is commonplace. Imitation is more interesting."

http://writersalmanac.publicradio.org/

McC Holiday Spirit in a tall Barclay-Rex billiard.

Realized I hadn't touched the open tin since well before Christmas, so I brewed some strong black coffee and loaded up my only large aromatic pipe.

Earlier today I had a bowl of MM965 in a B-C. Now it's Five Brothers in a MM cob. This is the only tobacco that makes me notice the nicotine in it.

Smokey

Mac B's HH Vintage Syrian in a Hardcastle "Olde Bruyere" bent billiard while walking :penguin: the dogs.

PD....Another bit of trivia about "The day the music died." There was another person that was originally going to be on the ill-fated plane. He gave up his seat to either the 'Bopper" or Richie Valens; don't remember which. His name....Waylon Jennings!!

FTRPLT

Even' All, Had another bowl of G&H's Dark Shag, in my Stannie reg.Acorn, this tobak is REALLY powerful, a good after dinner smoke :tongue: , in my Ardor Xmas '03 SG's MVF '06, Ken :tongue: :pale:
Pacem en Puffing! :tongue: From The Frigid Northeast Kingdom! :tongue: :pale: :penguin:

just opened a tin of 5 year old GLP Cairo and stuffed it into a big Don Carlos One Note something or other. Am I the only guy who forgets the specific names of their pipes?

youre not alone, kirby ;)

To work:
had me some C&D 3 Friars in my Mark Tinsky poker.
Reamed her down real good and had a fabulous bowl on the ride in.

Balkan Supreme in a Pete Donegal Rocky Dublin shape

Started this day with an enjoyable early morning smoke of Walnut in a Brissett bent billiard/egg.

Tinkered around my workshop last night with my Kaywoodie 13B filled with Mac B. Navy Flake.

Good Morning All,

Stonehave in a Dunhill shell straight dawg

+1c here and contues to be fairly mild

:) Paul

A second bowl of McB's navy Flake in this Jody Davis:

Darkntastypics009.jpg

My first ever bowl of Bob's Chocolate Flake in a Parker billiard. I'm going to have a few more bowls of this before I form an opinion. FTRPLT

Some more of the hodgepodge that I made up with some Deacons Downfall, Star of the East and Bufflehead Wood Duck (Scottish Cake) in an Ardor bamboo shanked Oom Paul that I horse traded for with Contented Piper while visiting in Tucson.

Samuel Gawith's Kendal Plug in a 1917 GBD= oh my god, it's delicious! It's a pain in the ass to rub out, but the taste is simply wonderful:)

Samuel Gawith Firedance Flake in an Ardor Bambu Churchwarden.
A very sweet and tasty change of pace.

Winslow :sunny:

Status
Not open for further replies.